Datsun business card left on my datto??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastard child 510... thats why.

But seriously, welcome to the site and there is some later model 510 info here with a bit of searching. Theres a few of them running around here. Tell us a little about yourself and car, throw up a bunch of pictures, and if you have any questions, requests etc. you can use your build thread to talk about them. Im sure people will love to help.

Welcome to the site.

L20b ftw

Maybe someone here knows I want to get a stiffer suspension without lowering the car because im running 15x8 and 195x55x15 and i dont want to roll the fenders out I have new inserts in the front and new shocks in the back but still not stiff enough if I take a turn to fast or hit a speed bump to fast the tires hit the fender anyone have any suggestions??

The good thing about late model 510s is at least they aren`t a 210....Oh, and did i mention the replaceable u-joints... :lol: Welcome to the forum ,

Here`s our car now let`s see yours

BlueLake2012011-1.jpg

CLICK this link below for build thread on car above

http://community.rat...ge__hl__doodies

• Like 1

Dude! That thing looks pristine!! It's hard to find an HL510 than a PL510. They seem to rust worse than the original 510. If I could find a clean 4 door HL510 I would, but everything I've ever seen up here has been a basket case rust bucket. Except one wagon I didn't have the funds to buy at the time.

Also, the HL510 won three times with Shekhar Mehta driving in the African Safari Rally.

and the fatties im trying to run but clearance issues due to worn out shocks but soon

IMG_0569.jpg

Your problem is likely aggravated by the backspace too. These probably move the tire further out from under the fender and it comes down on top of them. New shocks won't help this.

These are rims and tires given to me. 215/60R14s Like the tires, don't care for the rims much. As you can see they are spaced out from under the fenders and nothing will stop them hitting.

710strutupgrade007Large.jpg

Here are the same tires with properly fitting rims that tuck them inside the fenders.

Newmeat004Large.jpg

Measure down to the WMS, wheel mounting surface from the rim.

P3280009.jpg

P3280012.jpg

On top of being a wider rim, I bet the old rims measure further down then the fatties. The shorter the distance the further they will stick out from the car.

Your problem is likely aggravated by the backspace too. These probably move the tire further out from under the fender and it comes down on top of them. New shocks won't help this.

These are rims and tires given to me. 215/60R14s Like the tires, don't care for the rims much. As you can see they are spaced out from under the fenders and nothing will stop them hitting.

710strutupgrade007Large.jpg

Here are the same tires with properly fitting rims that tuck them inside the fenders.

Newmeat004Large.jpg

Measure down to the WMS, wheel mounting surface from the rim.

P3280009.jpg

P3280012.jpg

On top of being a wider rim, I bet the old rims measure further down then the fatties. The shorter the distance the further they will stick out from the car.

ur totally right my rims and tires fit exactly how ur do they stick out about a half inch from the fender .... and i love the aggressive stance it gives it lol .... i thought maybe by stiffening the suspention might help me from hitting the fenders on speed bumps i guess my only choice is to drive really slow over speed bumps to prevent from compressing the suspension

I would get some rims, even if slightly narrower, to get a better 'fit' the tires will still be as wide. Sooner or later you will hit a bump or dip you either didn't see or couldn't avoid and it's going to ruin your fenders. Then again... and again until the tires have a groove in them or the fender is crumpled. And it's not only speed bumps. A car at speed on the highway going through a 30 foot long dip in the road will compress this into a 5" pot hole and it will hammer down on the fenders. Besides, you want to drive and enjoy your car right? You don't want to pussy foot around all the time. Try to make it right and you'll love the feeling.