My first datsun

Hi, i would just like to say i just love this forum, great stories. well this is my first datsun and my first car. its a 1982 datsun 210 wagon, i bought it a couple months ago off of a guy on craigslist, he was asking 650, i handed him 400 dollars and got it home. its a 5 speed manual with 40,000 original miles on the engine, the interior was completely destroyed by the sun (i live in las vegas) but the body was straight and not a spot of rust anywhere. i love this car and have no thoughts of getting rid of it.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L28s are, (shhh... o u t d a t e d) and you can make as much/more power with a lighter better fitting 4 cylinder. But that's for later.

THIS:

280ZX strut/brakes with 2'' coilover sleeves/springs.

AND:

L20B with U67 head and '78-'80 intake with L16 exhaust manifold, short FS5W71B 5 speed with L swapped front case. S110 H-190 rear axle swap with the rear disc brakes. 15/16' zx master cylinder.

Theyre not outdated, theyre oldschool! However, what you got there is a 4 cyl. hood, and squeezing 2 more under there isn't for the faint of heart. You'll get rolling faster, cheaper, and happier just putting a modern 4, like an SR20DET, or a KA24DE(T) under there.

Good luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...