Just joining, and recently got this

piraterumm

I got a 1971 521 pu. Hey guys, I joining the community and would love to talk to people about their datsun's. especially the guru's. And if anyone has any spare side draft carbs that would fit a 1600 well but not to much please let me know. Thank you. (also since i am still a noob to this, is there a way to put pictures up without making another account for tumblr or something like that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard,and why in the he'll you would want to put duel sidedrafts on a1600.I had a single sidedraft and that was fine or all you need is a 32/36 weber.

depends on what carbis your runnin.

you do know SSS 1600s came stock with duel carbies right lol

if you want twins grab some SSS L16/L18 duel SU's

for a single down draft 32/36 is the way to go.

I got a 1971 521 pu. Hey guys, I joining the community and would love to talk to people about their datsun's. especially the guru's. And if anyone has any spare side draft carbs that would fit a 1600 well but not to much please let me know. Thank you. (also since i am still a noob to this, is there a way to put pictures up without making another account for tumblr or something like that.

Welcome to Ratsun B)

Opening a photobucket account was the easiest way to post photos for me.

The driver side gas door is the only one with a tank actually, also it has the original 1600cc and it was rebuilt once as well. thank you for the information on the carbs. especially single versus sss dual. thank you guys for all the positive feed back guys. :) love being apart of dis-FUNctional famlies. i should fit right in :). you might be surprised what i got it for. I even have the old trucker door mirrors for it as well. I just need to do some minor work with it now. I would like to put at least one side draft on it. paint, and a little steering work and it would be ready for any show. I would also like to see what an old roof rack looks like on it maybe. my plans are to take care of it and love it. never get rid of it. its just the first part in my datsun fantasy. I want a 510, 510 bluebird, 240zx, and then some other pieces as well, 72 celica gt, and my dream is a 71 skyline 2000 gtr when i can put all my money into getting one. but yeah I am hear and ready to learn and be apart of the community. It's been a dream of mine for a while now be in a nostalgic car community. Thank you guys! (if anyone has an old school 32/36 weber I might be interested.)

If it runs good as is just leave it.

the 32/36 is a good replacement carb/EZ to adjust. with a litllew more umph

1st thing I would do with a 521 in get a eleltric ignition it it dont have it already.

Ck the kingpins and grease them/

ck the trans oil

grease the drive line. youll see the splines grease fitting.

Buy soem spare parts like a clutch slave and master and brake master.

rockauto.com

read olddatsuns.com the tech section.

save your money and have a spare car when this breaks, its 40years old and they break. Even the Gurus rigs.

You did good on this truck!!!!!!!!!

take soem photos of the motor maybe it already has a Weber DGV on there.

I will take some pics of the motor later. When I bought it though the upper altenator braket was broken, so i have some things out of it. when i get it back together i will get some pics for yah. I think what i really wanna do next is either redo the brakes completely or make them disk brakes. and repaint. and get the steering tighter. but I am fairly happy with it as it is really. I wanna make it pristine.

steerering there is a threaded slot with a jam nut. youll turn it in till there is slight tension I believe or feel the streering wheel for soem og the slop to be gone.

PS most Kingpins(no ball joints,its like a door hinge) are shot on these.

grease them up anyways.

most of use use a heim joint turnbucket alt adjustment bracket now however you need to pull the radiator out to get that long bolt out.Otherwise it hits the radiator

I would just run it at is. It has a patina to it that is cool and it dont cost nothing.

Im not in to the wheels I like stock myself now, but those are period correct.