Datsun keys?

DatMo

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any real locksmith will have one. Usually the old school type places. They can even find the single sided style, it's the same as the old Subaru's.

thanks. ill be sure to look arond. ebay isnt exactly my preference

Undefined model and year yields general comments. If you can narrow down your model and year, a quick trip to a locksmith [may be expensive] or a hardware store like Home Depot which has a key cutting machine can get the right key blank make and model. I have a 1967 Datsun and have several backup keys. I can give you the manufacturer and key blank number [single sided early key] if that would help. If you need hand holding [no offence just generic terminology] and can make one of the mostly Japanese classic car meets at the Torrance Home Depot, first Friday of each month, and let me know which meet you can make I can show you the various key maker part numbers that fit early single sided Datsuns, Help is really available make use of it.

Undefined model and year yields general comments. If you can narrow down your model and year, a quick trip to a locksmith [may be expensive] or a hardware store like Home Depot which has a key cutting machine can get the right key blank make and model. I have a 1967 Datsun and have several backup keys. I can give you the manufacturer and key blank number [single sided early key] if that would help. If you need hand holding [no offence just generic terminology] and can make one of the mostly Japanese classic car meets at the Torrance Home Depot, first Friday of each month, and let me know which meet you can make I can show you the various key maker part numbers that fit early single sided Datsuns, Help is really available make use of it.

Thanks alot. Apreciate it.I actually went to home depot and they wanted $79 and they didnt even have the cut for it. It's a 68

$79? $20? WTF? OK, so I don't have a '69, but I walked into Lowes with the only key I had and walked out with a new key for like $6, and I thought THAT was expensive. The hard part might be finding a blank, but I don't care if the key was a little long, and I certainly didn't need a factory Nissan blank. It's not an uncommon key form. My '72 510 used a DA22 aka 62DT blank, same as my '74 620 (they in fact share the same key). My '78 uses a DA24/62DU blank (they're opposite). My '83 uses a DA25 which is the same as a DA22 except the center groove is wider.

$79? $20? WTF? OK, so I don't have a '69, but I walked into Lowes with the only key I had and walked out with a new key for like $6, and I thought THAT was expensive. The hard part might be finding a blank, but I don't care if the key was a little long, and I certainly didn't need a factory Nissan blank. It's not an uncommon key form. My '72 510 used a DA22 aka 62DT blank, same as my '74 620 (they in fact share the same key). My '78 uses a DA24/62DU blank (they're opposite). My '83 uses a DA25 which is the same as a DA22 except the center groove is wider.

I'll go to lowes. Thanks.

There is a place on Whittier right next door to a&g auto/audio. I took him my key code and they looked up the blank (stocked it) and cut me 2 keys on the spot. Was like $20 I think. I posted their info in my thread for keys. If your ignition is the same as your doors, take the passenger lock out and take it with you. Search posts made by me. I'm on my cell or id find the thread for you.