What I'm working with!

uberkevin

It is ridiculous, though.  Consider how much money that is to...well...most working class people.  At least a couple days of net pay.  Here, you accidentally forget to move your car during a street sweeping day and you get hit with a $50 fine, never a warning.  Lame.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ones it didn't even start popping it into gear.

Also another time it wouldn't start out front of my house. But when I parked it everything was fine. I checked to see if battery was dead. Nope.

Made sure things were tight like always and still it wouldn't start..

Got the neighbor to help jump.. hahaha even tho the battery wasn't dead... Still didn't start..

I was clearly mad and just trying shit by trying to jump it with cables.. however I closed both hoods and jumped in the pathfinder just to try and it starts..

Then there's also the clutch interlock system, but I don't think that would cause it to die in the first place.  They are known to go bad, though, either the switch on the clutch or the interlock relay that goes to the starter solenoid.  Have you tried jumping the solenoid?

• Like 1

Start by checking for power at the black/yellow wire at the starter. If you have power there with the key in the START position, you have a bad starter.

If you don't, then go to the Clutch Interlock Relay. It's a big blue twin connector relay on the fender well near the battery. First check for power at both black/yellow wires. If you have no power there with the key in the start position, check for power at the black/yellow wire at the ignition switch. If you have power at the ignition switch and not at the relay, you have an open black/yellow wire. No power means a bad ignition switch.

If you have power at the Clutch Interlock Relay black/yellow wires with the key in the ON position check for power at the light green wire. No power there means bad relay. If you have power there, ground the light green wire. The relay should click and have power at the black/purple wire.

If not, bad relay. At the clutch interlock switch check for power. No power means an open light green wire. Stepping on the clutch should activate the relay. If not the switch is bad.

• Like 1

You can really only think about diagnosing when its acting up.

Suck, squish, bang, blow.

Suck and squish work. Blow isn't a concern either.

Bang. Fuel or spark.

I'm leaning towards spark. Is dizzy getting power and putting out power when hiccup occurs?

Coil have power and ground? Spark out?

When that line of testing fails, fuel pump. Kidding.

And when you do fix whatever this is...what will snowball next?

Wagon time.

• Like 1

I must have a loose wire!

I went out there to see if I moved the battery around if it would die, like if I hit a bump. It didn't die..

I turned off the truck and went to start it again. Nothing. Cool! Now I'll find out what's wrong.. I really can not see or find a fucked up wire and everything is tight..

Maybe just hit a wire with my hand or this stupid connection box thingy that is part of the harness.

Well idk what I hit and it started right then!

• Like 1

Daughters jeep did a similar thing recently and it took me many hours of reading and watching youtube videos. Ended up being the ignition switch. Not the lock cylinder but the actual switch at the bottom of the steering column. Tore that whole thing apart looking at the lock cylinder and rack when I didn't need to but now I know how to do it again if I need to.

Daughters jeep did a similar thing recently and it took me many hours of reading and watching youtube videos. Ended up being the ignition switch. Not the lock cylinder but the actual switch at the bottom of the steering column. Tore that whole thing apart looking at the lock cylinder and rack when I didn't need to but now I know how to do it again if I need to.

That's my thought. Ignition switch.