• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You did sir.

Heres the story..

I have a bad intermittent problem with it.. it will be fine for weeks, months!! No problem what so ever..

Only when it wants to it won't start. Won't even try. So yesterday gf was driving g behind be and and everything shoots off, as she's getting over she tries to start it, it does start and she was able to get it closer to be.

I noticed she wasn't behind me any more. Any who it dyes again as she driving twords me.

She has to get to a tattoo appointment before she's late.. I make sure everything is tight under the hood and so on, lights come on but I wouldn't even try to turn over.

When this has happened before I have been able to remove the cables and put them back on, both of the battery cables are new.. and yes tight..

I wasn't able to check the alt wires to see how dirty they are do to it being hot as fuck.

So I couldn't get it started.

I figured I had 24 hours.

Got her to her tattoo appointment.

After we go deal with the pathy.

Drive past,not there.... WTF!

I guess on that part of the freeway the tow within an hour.. I was there 30 minutes or more fucking with it..

So we call HP and they tell us so and so picked it up.. we go down to move it from the fucking lot it's in nong it won't start.. tow truck driver helps us push it after we tried to start it again and nothing. Everything comes on but it doesn't even try to turn over.. we pushed the pathy to a spot out of the tow lot where I could work on it to get it started...

I get in to pop the hood..

I turn the key to try to start..

I didn't nothing what so ever hood wasn't even up, and she starts fine. Idles fine. Revs fines. Drives fine. Looked under the hood everything is the same as when it was on the side of the road.

Got home fine.

Oh! A window goes down all the way now!!!!!!!!

Paid 340$$$$

Don't know where to start looking for the problem.

She started fine earlyer.

• Like 1

Fuck ,, sorry man i would have flew down there with a rope or what-not but that fucking Ted ,, ( isn't it always fuckin Ted)  was stripping a truck down in the backyard and i left my phone laying outside all night on the celicas windshield..   

$340. bucks down the tubes,,,,,,,,,, tow companies are the devils right hand man.

• Like 1

I don't really know what to do, I don't want her driving it around at the risk of her being stuck in some fuck hole of a place..

Pathfinder is the GF car.

She has had it her whole life.

20150527_170304_zpsgqsenrfa.jpg

Ready to cap a foo, whoever steps near em.

NRA members.

They drove the pathfinder from 93 to I think 2002 or 01, it was fine. They got a few other vehicles.

This set for 10 years or so. When Lex could drive it was all hers..

The thing is a fucking champ! Lsd! 238 thousand mile. And I can honestly say I don't know when it has been fixed with a new timing belt and put back to spec..

I have the skills yes but it's not mine and it's in her dad's name so I do t really want to fuck it up if I were to rebuild it. Witch I would like to do cuz keeping it would be the way better then buy ing a fucking g 2000 dollar Honda or some shit!

• Like 1

a wild guess but sounds like it could be an ignition switch issue. 

as far as the towing charge goes. i used to manage a tow company and yes he is correct to a point the chp doesnt really telly you what to charge but the sign off on the amount you can charge per hour. not to mention all the companies in the given area with chp contracts are on rotation and you have to get to a vehicle in a certain amount of time if they call you to be on the contract. and a huge amount of cars are just left and usually are worthless and get sent to the wrecking yard for less money than the charge of the tow.  it may seem like a rip off but before you say tow companys make a ton of money take a step back and actually look at the people behind they not all wearing boss hog suits lol