Can anyone give me measurements for seat mount?

wat

In the middle of refabing my seat mounts that were cut out of my 510. I got a template cut but I don't know:

What is the height of the mount from the bottom of the pan.

How wide the lip is on top where the 4 holes are. If someone has a shell sitting around to put a tape up to it I would appreciate it

Also what is the reason why the passenger and driver side mounts slightly different on top? I was thinking of making both of them the same profile (both flat across).problems with that?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few seat crossbraces that I've cut out, and could measure later today ...

I used my stock seat rails, and bolted in my seats to figure out where exactly I needed this cross-brace .. it should be symetrical/even to the passenger side

I just used some thin wall 3/4"x1.5"x0.065" square tube .... it helps that my whole floor was already really strong, made out of 18ag

7649032796_bba33ed0a0_o.jpg

7649130704_46a39b72dd_o.jpg

7649135308_201a1dc904_o.jpg

7667067720_87ef62930f_b.jpg

I have access to a brake press and punch capable to 3 in holes. I was going to get the dimensions then bend it to a channel out of 1/8" steep amd put 3 punches in the middle. Box tubing for the horizontal wouldn't be bad but that is just more welding. But yeah if I could get the stock height id be happy. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch of measurements from the time I made custom brackets for a set of recaros in my wagon.

PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the photos showing the tape measure.

I don't have them on-line. they are not the same height as the floor is not flat. One side is about 4" and one side is about 3". I think the inside is shorter than the outside but I'd have to double check.

here is the original model I made - I was only interested in the top so the floor is flat for simplicity-sake.

510_recaro_seat_mount_assy.JPG

I modified the design to eliminate the rear strut to improve foot-room for passengers.

tannenbrown_recaros_1_.jpg

Seat almost looks like it was made to go there!

tannenbrown_recaros_3_.jpg

with both seats mounted...

tannenbrown_recaros_6_.jpg

In the middle of refabing my seat mounts that were cut out of my 510. I got a template cut but I don't know:

What is the height of the mount from the bottom of the pan.

How wide the lip is on top where the 4 holes are. If someone has a shell sitting around to put a tape up to it I would appreciate it

Also what is the reason why the passenger and driver side mounts slightly different on top? I was thinking of making both of them the same profile (both flat across).problems with that?

Oh dear, brain broken !

Can you post a couple of pics with arrows pointing towards where you want the measurements ?

I have my race car shell sitting in the garage, and can sit standard seat rails in, take pics etc, just need to make sure I'm giving you the right info.

Failing that, I'll go back to drinking beer !

Cheers

fa4a1e43414a6dc7e8328494afa06a68.jpg

I'll have to recheck my numbers as I am playing around with mounting some different seats in, but this is what i have for stock seats with the triangle seat risers for the rear part of the seat.

Width 15in x length 10.5in on 12.5in long seat riser mounts. the trans to door brace is about 4 inches tall