Thoughts on this 510 wagon?

dakotahchore

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3#ht_500wt_1182

Thinking about buying this to turn into a DD. Looks rust free, trying to get in contact. Thoughts?

Edit: If anyone lives in Santa Barbara and wants to be a saint for someone 5 hours away, I could use an experienced Ratsun fan to check the car out... Email me at dakotahchore@gmail.com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that might be the seller trying to talk whoever into buying it... How hard/expensive is a rebuild on a L16? Here's what I got out of him... "HELLO;

YES CAR IS TITLED AND REG UP TO DATE. CAR NEEDS FRONT END WORK SWAYS ON FREEWAY AND RUNS VERY FAST BUT NEEDS LOVE AS YOU CAN SEE BY PICS. I BOUGHT IT TO TURN IT. I DON'T HAVE $S' TO FIX IT.

THANKS

D"

What could the "sways on the freeway" thing mean?

It could be a few things. The front suspension could be messed up, bushings need replacement, rims and tires might need balancing, tires might be shit, could just be the normal wagon driving that he's not used to... Without hands on or better pictures of the front suspension it's going to be hard to determine a problem.

Not off the top of my head, but there's plenty of Cali members and I'm sure someone has to live in Ventura. Just post in here that you'd like some help checking it out (maybe in the first post) and I'm sure someone in the area will hit you up in the morning.

could be just a loose steering box as the guy sound like a Dumb ass.

Ck the tires it to be worn out uneven.

dakotahchore as for you these are simple cars but this needs a little work and if your one step away from poverty i say forget about it.

l16 to buidl its so what ez if you have tools as alot of 510 owners they cant even to afford the X mas craftsman tool sale 200pc kit for 120$.

I think this is a somewhat straight car. But remeber its 40yrs old and the brakes will be out out and the Clutch sytem will go bad. Once all new then it will be good and put a electronic ignition sytem in there

Straight body with everything on it! what she meant by fast is some guy already did the grunt work and added the electronic ignition and updated to a webber carb. bushings are shot but right now im working on getting a 5 speed tranny does anyone know where i can get one? or what year off a Z????