Irs 210?

Does that mean I have a 2nd generation frame car? So the rearend from a like year 200sx will swap? And the springs? Cause for now I cut like 1 coil out of the front and got about 2 in of drop and it still has plenty of suspension. If I can do a rearend swap and buy some springs for a 200sx I'll be set!

I used to have a '76 B-210 and they were leaf spring and was surprised to hear you say that your '80 was coil. I was merely saying that the second generation 200sx ('80 through '83) were also coil spring and MAY swap with some work, I don't know. The thing is, if you are going to a larger motor like an L20B a stronger rear end would be good, also this one has rear disc brakes on it. It is only an idea and you would have to do some research on it, for one thing it may be too wide or something.

Carefully done, cutting a coil out seems to be a move in the right direction for two reasons. It lowers the car's center of gravity, which is good for handling, and it stiffens the spring rate, which is also good for handling.

What I like about the 210 is that they are light and have a small motor so any small thing you do to them makes them faster.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you guys are going off on this thread.... I've been missing out :( suspension is my fav to. To find your spring rate you need to do this formula. Spring rate = Gd4 / 8ND^3

G=Torsional modules for steel = 11.25 x 10^6 or 11,250,000

d=Wire diameter in inches

N=Number of active coils

D=Mean coil diameter in inches

8=A constant for all coil springs

So basically once you find your spring rate you can use any springs that has the spring rate you are looking for. Basically you are looking for a spring diameter and hight. Like Mike said though, one of the calculations is amount of coils so you need to keep that in mind when looking for new springs, cutting them changes the spring rate.

For the front I've read a ZX strut will bolt on its the camber that may be off. The datsun 1200 sight may have information on this. You could always get some camber plates, unless you swap to coilovers you may not be able to adjust it that much though. Okay I gotta sleep, I hope this shit make sense in the morning haha

I was extremely supprised to find a 4-link too. Cutting the fronts helped it out alot! The only problem now is that it tis a little slippery in the back. Sence I plan on replacing it all anyway I figure I will cut the backs too. I am only cutting off like 1 1/2 coils so It isnt slammed and still has some travel. Im not too sure about the math though. I dont like math so I will go with the trial and error. Next week I will draw up some pictures and me and my tapemeasure will spend a day at pull-a-part and other junk yarde to figure out this rearend thing. I will also look for front struts.

For rear springs you basically want some the same diameter with thicker coils and less of them, that will give you a stiffer spring. For the struts you may have to buy some, measuring the camber differences at the JY might be difficult. My vote is ZX there are lots of after market support for those.

P.S we want more pics :D

Your 13" rims may not fit over ZX struts, I'm pretty sure they wont since they wouldn't fit over my s12 brakes. Just something to keep in mind when shopping for new brakes :D

Damn feather!

f_PIC0553m_d1c0752.jpg

Good Side

f_PIC0549m_6e491ae.jpg

Love the Sunk Bumper

f_PIC0552m_6c958b0.jpg

Rear is up a little.

f_PIC0554m_a0933e0.jpg

Pumpkin underhood. The tag says that its got 58 horse power, and that is engine horse power.

f_PIC0555m_305140e.jpg

This is my buddys car. He has been a big help. This pic was taken whyle I was cutting the springs.

f_GTIandDatSpm_e6724c4.jpg

Rally is what Im goin for. My Pappy got the scoup off of a courier pickup at Pull-A-Part. I am tossing around the idea of running the exhaust out the center of the rear. Maby putting a small tunnel in the trunk floor:D

P.S.The flame sticker on the hood says "Hot Rod"

Pumpkin underhood. The tag says that its got 58 horse power, and that is engine horse power.

I have a A14 in my 1200 (60hp or so) and I beat a Suburban in a race haha The jerk was trying to get around me, one of those screw everyone over kinda guys. Well if there is one thing I hate worse than SUV's, is being behind one. So I was burning rubber!! well as good as my 1200 can. He couldn't get around me though :D I like the A series better than the L series personally. I agree with Shane, they take the abuse better.

You gotta love pull a part :D