WTB: 720/620 lower arms w/torque arm, upper cross rods, tension rods

I need a set of 2wd 720/620 lower arms with torque arms (the piece that connects the torsion bar to the arm), tension rods, & just the 720/620 upper arm cross rods (narrower than the hardbody equivalent). Don't need hubs but I'd take them if you just want to get rid of them. I don't need rotors, calipers, or spindles.

Shoot me a PM with any offers, thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know that I did just that about ten years ago, and one thing I would recommend you do if you are bound and determined to do this, the upper control arm mount bolts need to be drilled and re-threaded to use the 720 UCA mount bolts, I have had my 521 UCA mount bolts break several times, usually when I hit the brakes, once going around a corner, but I might have touched the brakes that time also, it really sucks when the front end falls out from under you.

It is possible to do it, as I have done it, but I will be retiring this frame in the next year or so, as I am tired of the issues, and it is so easy to drop the 521 cab onto a 720 frame, and likely would be easy to drop it onto a 620 regular cab short box Β frame with disc brakes also, I like the 720 frames because they came with a power steering option.

Another thing I figured out is that you cannot make an upper control arm at the same angle as the kingpin upper control arm, that upper balljoint has to be farther back.

I have done this, I usually talk people out of it, I beleave I have a 100% success rate so far.

Β 

I have never had it happen yet, but it could get real ugly fast if one or both of them UCA bolts break going hiway speeds.

Γ—
Γ—

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.