Red 71 4dr - Carbed KA24DE

demo243

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasted no time in getting to work. LSD center unit was shipped out in the trunk of the car. Grabbed the clean 3.9 open I picked up not too long ago and got to work. just need to double check that the lashing is still good and then make a gasket and I will have myself a spare 3.9LSD … Still think Ill peace the 4.11s in the car though.

• Like 2

Oreilly and NAPA don't have anything… Looks like it might still be availble from nissan (PArt Number 38353-21000 )… my 4.11 is still holding fine and I just made the gasket for that one with some sealant… will probably just do that, but I need to order motor mounts from nissan as well so maybe I will try and get the diff gasket as well...

Anyone have any recommendations for a compression tester?? want to pick one up. Need to check mine, and figure its probably a good tool to add to the bunch.

Small update

Ran a compression test tonight. Wasn't completely to operating temperature but was fairly warm… was kinda late so didn't want to run it much longer to heat her up. Had a stuck plug… but some pb plaster, patience, and working it back and forth got it out clean… anyway results

Cylinder 1 

1st - 152

2nd - 150

Cylinder 2

1st - 155

2nd- 155

Cylinder 3

1st- 145

2nd - 150

Cylinder 4

1st - 145

2nd - 145

Ran each test consecutive before switching to the next cylinder… not sure if that is kosher…. but apparently my motor is still happy! I guess??? can anyone comment? they are all really close so that makes me think she is good

Pictures to follow but my rear two plugs are definitely running leaner then my fronts… but I knew my carbs needed to be tuned. Going to toss some new plugs in there for now since I have them

Hopefully Busta can help me get my carbs tuned up a bit. she was popping a lot when I drove her the other day,

• Like 1

Weekend Fun!!! Was a good first weekend with the dime on the west coast. Cruised up to Busta's place on Sunday caught the second half of the 9'ers game hung with some dattos and a sweet old Ausin Clubman. Busta has a sweet old klunker at the shop too those pics below.

Then today went for a cruise down Skyline Drive to 9 and then back up highway 1 along the ocean. Super fun. 4.11s are a blast on the back roads. Took it pretty easy. Still don't know the breaking point of these tires and haven't had enough wheel time to really feel comfortable pushing it. Need to get some AutoX seat time.

Also definitely needs a new windshield… there were times i was basically blind going into corners because the sun on the windshield…. 

Any way here are the shots….

And Busta's place-

• Like 2

Another small update. Nothing big...

At one point I decided to give up on the paint on the Datto… not sure why… but I had decided to just let it fade away…

But recently changed my mind. So far I have hit the hood and roof with a light rubbing compound and a quick coat of wax… all by hand… power buffer got left back in CT, might have to have it shipped out…. Definitely worth the effort, guess I need to do the rest of the car now.

Should have done this a long time ago.

Need to retake that last shot horizontal so I can make it my computer background, its time for an update

• Like 1

Well shit… looks like some of my photos disappeared… that would be my fault… lazy ass decided just to host em all on Facebook… apparently thats not holding up well.. Ill try and go back and rehost them all on photo bucket soon

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently all my hard lines are f*%#£d.... Fixed the driver rear to the brake cylinder and replaced the passenger side too since it was kinked... Then the new passenger side leaked... Tightened... Still leaked... Replaced it again... Then the hard lined from the splitter to the soft line on the driver side blew.... Argggg I guess it's time I just redo it all... F#%^ I hate brake work ...

Could use a larger fluid reservoir for the rear on the master cylinder like a other the same size as the front...

On the plus side I installed some speed bleeders on the rear and they are super easy to use ... Rears use M7x1.0 haven't checked the fronts yet. Just glad my brakes didn't go while I was driving... Does anyone make a replacement hard line kit???? Hoping... Praying... Will pay money..., tired of bending brake lines........ Argggh

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I have updated this thread…. at least myself… Going to go ahead and rehost some pics, so there may be some repeats. 

As she currently sits she is up on Jackstands with no brakes… I ripped out all the hard lines after a few leaks and decided to just replace them all. Parts and tools are en route.

Any way heres the update...