• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranman72, on 26 Jan 2014 - 9:26 PM, said:snapback.png

what does that clear hose from peanut cover go too? Looks like it splits in two

probably goes to the block crankcase vent and to the catch can

^^this

Pretty sure you are correct on this- hopefully it will be out here soon and I can confirm.\

I ve got an opportunity for a small part time data entry thing for a family member to help with a job so that should bring some cash in an allow me to ship her out

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Unfortunately the 510 is still back on the right coast.... and might be there for a bit longer....

But couldnt pass up this killer craigslist deal.

Slotted crossmember - Diff ( open... and still need to open it up to see what ratio) - Clean half shafts - spare drum brake components - Complete 510 front suspension and brakes- and a small rear sway bar. 

• Like 3

Damn .... I am way to good at pulling these diffs apart... 

Checked the diff out and we have a winner! A nice clean 3.9! It is an open diff... but I knew that. But this will be a perfect candidate for my second LSD diff. Even has the smaller 10mm ring gear bolts that my spare LSD unit is drilled for so should be a quick easy swap- Then I will have both a 3.9 and 4.11 Limited Slips. Unfortunately I guess I left that unit in the trunk of the 510, so its still on the East coast... so the swap will have to wait for now.

:yawn: Boo........

Road trip to bring the dime to the best coast!!!! :thumbup:

Fly out.......drive it back.......Datsun Datsun Datsun

I'll come along if the timing is right...............

Looks like a vintage Interpart rear bar, if I remember my 35-year-old go-fast parts.

This thread makes me want to finally rescue my red '72 4-door from barn pergatory in NJ. I need to drag it down here and get it in service while i work on my 2-door.

• Like 2

You could very well be right- Supposedly this rear end was pulled from an older AutoX car

Quick google search pulled up this ebay link- and it looks to match- 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTERPART-BRE-DATSUN-510-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-BAR-NOS-/271426592948?nma=true&si=80cgBGTGHaJpqTvOLNnshE9kB0M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_57.JPG

Looks like a vintage Interpart rear bar, if I remember my 35-year-old go-fast parts.

This thread makes me want to finally rescue my red '72 4-door from barn pergatory in NJ. I need to drag it down here and get it in service while i work on my 2-door.

• 2 months later...

Not much of an update… Just one photo...

Came back East for the week to visit family and friends … and of course drive the Datsun.

Oh how I have missed this...

Although the GF definitely does not like it… She broke the tail loose very unexpectedly on me within 5 minutes of the first drive … guess the tires were cold… either way my GF almost threw her phone out the window in the process and was not very happy… Ooops...

Still runs like a champ though! 

Was really hoping for some good news job wise this week which would mean finally bringing it out West… but alas got the call today and they filled the position with someone else… pretty bummed about that… 

Hopefully the next update will be soon with some pictures of it being loaded onto a truck.

• Like 1

How much gas do you think it would take to get back in that thing??

I'll drive you there.........we both drive back B)

Too much… LOL … Dual webers that run rich… Lots of fuel burned...

I'll drive it there, and you fly me back :thumbup:

I'll even throw in the gas!

That might not a be a bad deal…. Cost of the flight might be cheaper then gas!

Would love to drive it… but cost of flight plus gas plus food plus lodging = way more then shipping it… Plus I would need at least 7 days… 

There might still be hope for getting it out soon though… despite the shitiness that went down with the job I recently thought I had in the bag… since the GF is waiting on a  permanent offer at the current company she is at. If that comes through that means we are staying out here for a while!

Side note-  Datto related - I had some fuel leaking from the the rear carbs fuel line ?bracket? i guess… should have taken a picture…  anyway where is the best place to get gaskets for weber carbs??

I get most of my Weber shit from Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy......they're reasonably priced and the people who work there are pretty cool.....

..........but I'm sure there are a ton of places online.......

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/default.asp

Call them to order.....don't order online...sometimes it's cheaper and there are more shipping options......

• 3 weeks later...

Update- 

The Transport Is Booked!!!!!!

Sorry east coaster's this dime is headed west. My GF got a permanent position out here so we are going to be staying a while. Ill keep you all posted on how the transport goes. Got a recommendation from a buddy who just shipped his car across the country. The company is Golden Key Express- They own all their own trucks and only have like 6 drivers… so their trucks fill up fast… but it means that my car will be on one truck the whole way and I don't have to deal with a broker or anything.

ill keep you all posted. Estimated pick up is the 13-19th and delivery the 26-30th.

• Like 2

.....about gaaddaaam time.....

I know… I know… I know….. 

Wish I had finally done this a week or two ago to guarantee it would be here for the BBQ….. Argggg… I know exactly what is going to happen… its going to show up the day after… just my luck….

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...