second coil...loses spark... with ei...?????

jrock4224

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

twice today ....lol... dragging yes but as they build heat the pedal gets rock hard and the dragging is worse then combat long run of 70 followed by stop and go traffic..... like a glazed donut of hotness back there...the hard pedal makes me think i am boiling the fluid from the drag (heat..)and combat with air in the line that expands creates a 521 that dont like me.with a pedal like pamela andersons breast...)....let it sit and cool and boom rolls free....i used some new pads out of another rear end and i never had felt great .... at first it was squishy and lockie ...which was fun as hell...and useable....and its progressively got worse...over time... the fronts are gone.... i didnt buy the pads but they look wrong ... the contact heavily on the ends and not much at all in the middle...and they have drug on and off....but have worked ... adjusted them a ton of times now im just outta pad out front...got brackets for discs anyway so i am just gonna tear the rear end apart..once i get the mazda on the road...i have a parking brake issue too it is temperimental on releasing...which i think is part of the drag problem too....i wanna do 3.88 too but i cant with my 5 sp and 1600....was a tough wide open full pull from olympia to portland

thats how my trip to blue lake started at 7... went to leave the gas station.... couldnt make 60 miles anhour... stopped at phixius house ....and my rear wheels were smoking out...cant believe i didnt discolor them ...adjusted them there and they were fine till heat build up and hard pedal about rib eye... then again after we sat there about 45 mins it didn it again....right about vader.... and again as soon as i got on 205ish...kinda feels like when i get on the brakes to much something is not allowing it to return...cause if i stomp the bakes a few times it gets it usable better...

Shound like you can hook the choke back up since you found the loose wire on the matchbox/Coil proplem.

as for the brakes.

If your pedal is getting hard feel the rims in back if HOT. If yes then feel the fronts if HOT,

If YES also then your Master Clyinder is pumping up and holding pressure.

As most know already when buying a 521 Master brake cly. the shaft needs to be cut so the rod can be fully extended when the fork is in the pedal arm. Meaning so its not already pushed in when you install the MC to the fire wall.

Just to let you know I had to replace a MC cause it was pumping up on me and cooking my brakes. I would have to turn the bleed screw just enough to relase the pressure then drive home otherwise everytime I hit the brakes it would get harder and harder.

Just to let you know.

If one brak in back is locking up it could be brake fluid sticking on the shoes thus giving that dragging sensation or a axle seal is worn letting oil on the drums also.

maybe a spring is broken or just needs to be cleaned

hot .....they are so hot i made tristin a omlete at blue lake with them...honestly i probably should stayed home but fuck it the way life keeps poking me in the eye... i was rolling out... front is never hot they are properly adjusted and never been a big issue the rears ... they have always had some issue...master is brand new... it holds fine and springs are all good so let me ask u this when i release the parking brake and i am looking at the brakes in the rear with no drum... the cantilever arm that engages the brakes and connects tot he lines is floppy loose.....the cable is loose too but i get this feeling that its not releasing... it was all assembled with anti seize...back in 09... i have adjusted them several times but it seems as pad wear got down that the problem got worse...talked with my buddy this am ... on the front he is gonna let me use all his calipers and rotors to finish out the front brakes ... i am just gonna buy all new shit out back... the wheels cylinders dont leak i have no dissapearing fluid....the pedal hardness only started when....well basically yesterday... when they really got stuck and i really cooked the fuck out of them ... pads are all cracked....so does my position of boiling fluid expanding air make sense or am i a complete tool....

I cant remeber how the Parking brak lever actaully works But I never had this proplem myself.

Wonder if you can with the drum off have soembody push lightly on the brake and see the wheel cylinder push the shoes out then hopfuelly retrack back in. Sometimes they can get dirty up the the seal/piston area and cause stickyness.

maybe with them all assemble with the rear up in the air(jackstands) put in gear and slam the brakes a few times and then see if the brakes are locking up or dragging. More you do it see if it gets worst. and ck both sides.

I assume all the return Springs are in there.

Maybe take a photo. Mklotz or Daniel C might see soemthing obvious missing

Of caorse ytou know for the parking brake to work good the rears have to be adjusted to take up any wear or slop.

as for boiling Im sure I cook my fluid but work it work fine when I reliesed the bleed screw but Im sure most of my fluid was swapped out when I put the new master cyl in and bleed it out.

yeah i should start with the simple stuff with my track record...lol....i guess i assumed that them being new in 09 that they would be good still... truley i have only worried about them leaking and never thought of function...

parking brake has always had good grippiing power...just the releasing thing always felt kinda wierd u kinda got bang the handle through various twists to get it off...or maybe thats just my ocd...

i can hear/feel them dragging at times....i also hear the front dragging a rivet, now and again...derp

We had issues with the e-brake hanging pretty badly when we first got our truck. Once we ripped apart the rear brakes, Brody found that one of the adjuster springs had dislodged, so the shoes wasn't seated properly anymore, and seemed to be making the e-brake hang up from releasing as it should.

Our brakes looked like they hadn't been replaced for quite some time, but it might be part of your thing, if something shifted and is keeping the brake jammed.

But, if you're replacing all of that shit, you may find your issue while dis/reassembling.