Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it begins,

the other day i noticed my exhaust getting a bit louder by the day. and 2 days ago it got really loud. so i looked at the muffler and noticed it straight broke off! haha. It's not a big deal cause i planned on getting all new exhaust anyway. I was just hoping to do it a little bit further along the line. but it must be done now.

So here are some vids of the nastiness. click on images to see vids. sorry for separate vids, but my stupid camera stopped recording halfway through the first one.

startup

th_MOV03282.jpg

close up

th_MOV03283.jpg

I'm thinking of going 2in. pipe all the way with a magnaflow and resonator to keep it on the quiet side.

so she's officially in my name!

but on a sadder note the alternator took a shit. but already ordered one and putting it on mañana. was gonna go get exhaust fixed today but that batt was really low and I didn't want to risk getting stranded. charging the battery to get me through the morning tomorrow.

like my charging station?

DSC03284.jpg

did a little work on her while the battery was charging. swapped out the door speakers with some nicer kenwoods i got from triple240z that i was going to put in my 521.

old crappy jensens

DSC03286.jpg

newer nicer kenwoods

DSC03287.jpg

also, I was in a cleaning mood so i cleaned up the pillar

before

DSC03288.jpg

after

DSC03289.jpg

did the rear ones too, but forgot to take pics. looks a lot better.

haha. i did a some work on the 521 tonight. i've just been super swamped with work and have had little time to get her back together. but, now that the hard part is done i think this will progress more quickly.

did a little work the last couple days.

replaced alternator with new bosch.

DSC03301.jpg

replaced thermostat and polished the housing a bit. looks good but now i have to clean the rest cause its all nasty.

DSC03304.jpg

got rid of smog pump belt. now you see it

DSC03295.jpg

now you dont

DSC03296.jpg

also set the correct idle speed. it was at 1050rpm. jeez. and set the correct timing. po had it at 2 degrees. weird.

and last but not least got a new muffler! took some vid of it.

here's a before

th_MOV03282-1.jpg

and the after. for now i just put on a magnaflow, but i will eventually get all new pipe.

th_MOV03307.jpg

also found these parts inside air cleaner. anyone have a clue what they're for?

DSC03305.jpg

and lastly, disconnected my speedo cable cause speedo don't work and found this attached to it. anyone know what this is?

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

oh, and fivesevtyzee how about we meet in front of togos?