Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

What transmission is in this bish? B/W or JATCO? This is the second 71 column shift Ive seen today so Im hoping this one works out in my favor... I dont see the B/W emblem on the back, but maybe that only came on earlier models.

Either way, sweet find.

so from the looks of the missing emblem silhouette it seems it has the B/W tranny.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Tristin, should be a BW in this car, just like my 1971 4 door with the column shift.

skyblue521 great find!! You left coasters are lucky, cuz these cars still pop up for sale, but you just gotta jump in & buy right away before somebody else gets it! Ain't nuthin' out here in the midwest!

Yeah Tristin, should be a BW in this car, just like my 1971 4 door with the column shift.

skyblue521 great find!! You left coasters are lucky, cuz these cars still pop up for sale, but you just gotta jump in & buy right away before somebody else gets it! Ain't nuthin' out here in the midwest!

for reals? i wonder why that is?

look what I found!

dd7577f3.jpg

I seriously hate this car because its the same color green as mine but still glossy....I wish mine was gloss...I might be as jealous of your 510 as i am of your truck haha

haha. wow! I was working down there today. What you doing in larkspur fiveseventy?

I live in corte madera haha. I was the one at Canby that was sayin I saw ur 521 over in Kentfield all the time. I was going to togos for lunch between putting my MOMO seats in the front and welding up the last leaks in my home made oil pan...hope it works haha

did a little bumper polishing and paint cleaning on 'er. warning pic overload

took some turtle wax rubbing compound and gave the hood a buffing. also took some blue magic metal polish to the front bumper.

DSC03253.jpg

also did the trunk. looking pretty good.

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

also got a temp mirror thanks to triple420z.

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

since i had the camera out i decided to document the cancer spots.

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03225.jpg

and the only dents on the whole car

DSC03228.jpg

Interior shots

rear floors

DSC03229.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

• Like 1

oh cool yea i remember. right on. hope it works too. we should start a northbay meet of some kind. represent.

I'm gonna ask my boss if I can use the parking lot to do a Datsun BBQ one of these Saturdays. I think he'd let me do it. Gotta get some things organized and present it to him.

unfortunately I won't be able to attend, I'm moving out of town soon and it will be basically days after I get the new motor running...maybe if you guys are free we could do a small cruise/photoshoot with some north bay cars. I know über deaf one wanted to do one. we could meet at the sf side of the gg bridge and caravan back accross it (how many dattos can we get on the bridge at once? haha) and go through the headlands and hwy 1.

unfortunately I won't be able to attend, I'm moving out of town soon and it will be basically days after I get the new motor running...maybe if you guys are free we could do a small cruise/photoshoot with some north bay cars. I know über deaf one wanted to do one. we could meet at the sf side of the gg bridge and caravan back accross it (how many dattos can we get on the bridge at once? haha) and go through the headlands and hwy 1.

the cruise sounds great!! where you movin' to?

The black coil below that other monstrosity is the original coil (no longer plugged in), along with the 1x1x3 inch square ballast resistor. Got no idea what that other contraption is.........looks like someone just grabed a coil at the junkyard, and threw it in to get by!

Man you've got a perfect dash top, and really nice door panels!

I'm gonna ask my boss if I can use the parking lot to do a Datsun BBQ one of these Saturdays. I think he'd let me do it. Gotta get some things organized and present it to him.

hells yea. that would be sweet.

a cruise sound cool. lets do it! while it's still summer.

The black coil below that other monstrosity is the original coil (no longer plugged in), along with the 1x1x3 inch square ballast resistor. Got no idea what that other contraption is.........looks like someone just grabed a coil at the junkyard, and threw it in to get by!

Man you've got a perfect dash top, and really nice door panels!

actually the dash has a hard plastic cover on it that looks pretty stock. didn't know those existed. but i did luck out with the door panels.