Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my bad guys, my clutch went out. had to tow it home. just finished fixing it. gotta leave tomorrow though. I'll be in town again though. and maybe on a weekend more people can make it.

aww that sux. well at least you got it home. no worries. we'll make it happen. good luck on your travels. Represent Norcal Datsuns! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

not much of an update. 510 has been slow going. Not driving it too much cause it burns oil like a mofo and runs hot on freeway.

but went to mexico last week and snagged a blanket to cover up the foam on the rear seat in the meantime.

IMG_0789_zpsd0017503.jpg

gave it a good wash and cleaned up the rust drips in the cancer areas

before

IMG_0795_zps2e8dbb4a.jpg

after

IMG_0799_zps82ac0d1d.jpg

started to clean engine bay but then got distracted and strated sanding radiator.

IMG_0806_zpsfed8225a.jpg

well it started out as me wanting to see how hard it would be to sand the paint off. wasn't too bad with some 80 grit. thought about using paint stripper but it's just soo messy. i'd rather deal with dust instead of burning goop.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you scrap the rear seat material and just leave the springs or did it come like that?

the PO gave me the original covers in a bag. he was gonna redo the seats and then decided to sell. the originals are pretty tore up but i think some ofit is salvagable.

as for the overflow, yes i plan on ditching the current solution. times are tough right now so i have to proritize my spending. and a new overflow is not top priority. but i hear ya. it is pretty hideous. the batt tie down is something i need to get.

• Like 1

id burn down multiple forests to get a deal on one of these for that cheap.. jeesh.

What are you talking about??!!

You got the BEST deals up there!!

There are as many 510's up there are Pius's down here.

id burn down multiple forests to get a deal on one of these for that cheap.. jeesh.

just gotta keep your eyes open and don't hesitate. as soon as you see one for sale jump on that shit. oh, and patience helps too.

lol yes there are large quantities up here but they are much more rusty and pricy.. like a lot like double at least for what you bought at minimum.. but nvrm me i dont wanna be a thread hog. btw your car is pretty freaking legit i like the color, i say keep it

the overflow I used to use a bottle but on the insde next to the rad and the hose went straight to th epass side down and I ziptied the bottle.

Now if you got overflow proplems try a different cap or get a blow off cap that doesnt use a bottle.OK I just cked your photos and you have a blow off cap. Try drilling a 1/8 hole in the thermos stat as you dont have the bypass type heater line, unless it under the sparkpugs wires. Some 510 have a lower state housing that goes to the heater line to the intake.

I used to have proplem with new stats , come back to car water would be on ground. I put a hole in there and wouldnt have these proplems.

if you still have overflow issues then something could be wrong.