Acceleration Probelms 710

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and datzenmike, not that it matters but I am a guyette.

timmeadows.jpg

"ooooo its a lady"

man theres all sorts of 710s poping up lately, esp goons.

lol but in seriousness, welcome to Ratsun. Its a good place to be.

keeps dattos alive and healthy lol

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a while. Really busy preparing for an art show in Vancouver (Sept 6 @ Gropps Gallery) and a huge tea order. Haven't even had a chance to check out other projects on this site that are actually interesting.

So I found a loose hose, seemed to make little difference, but does anyone know what this thing is? One person said it was a vacuum canister. Somehow I find that hilarious.

IMG_3219.jpg

I noticed that the car was running worse with the air cleaner on, so I checked the Idle Compensator inside the air filter chamber, and it was letting air through and it's not supposed to, the one from the parts car wasn't so I swapped them.

IMG_3224.jpg

I would like to change the Temperature Sensor Assembly also to see if that makes any difference, as the car seemes to stall after it is warmed up, and sometimes won't idle after that, the next day it starts and idles fine until it stalls. Does anyone know how to remove it or if it is even designed to be removed? Does the plastic cover snap open? Really don't want to break either one as hopefully one of them is working.

IMG_3216.jpg

This is the one I want to replace, it is a bit melted

IMG_3222.jpg

Reference image for others trying to locate parts.

IMG_3221.jpg

I've never used the ac, I was worried it would do wierd things after not being used for so long, I just roll down the windows. It might actually work, never tried. Right now trying to get it to just run properly, having trouble setting the carb, it keeps stalling before the fast idle comes off.