72 521 winshield will it fit in 70 521???

DREWSDIME

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if saving the seal is easily done.. I think the easiest way to remove the glass with the seal intact is taking a sawzall to the A pillars, roof, and cowl.. as old as the seals are, I don't think it's doable otherwise. That's probably not much help.

If the gasket/seal is old, you will be taking a chance on getting the window out undamaged trying to save the seal.

I just use a razor blade on the inside, I cut the seal on the sides and top, and then push/lift the windshield out.

If the seal is flexible, I start in one of the corners and push the seal onto the otherside of the metal holding it in there an eighth inch at a time, it takes forever, I have no idea how them glass guys get it out complete in less than 5 minutes without breaking anything.

Installing them is much easier than removing them in my opinion.

I do have 520/521 windshield gaskets(molded corners) for $105.00 plus shipping($15.00), I will have a few with me at the "blue lake" show/meet.