Seat Belt Mounting Locations

AcesHigh

Hi everyone! This is my first time on a forum and I'm glad that its something people can be proud and passionate about. I just purchased a 1970 521 yesterday and it needs some work. The previous owner had the floor re-carpeted and didn't leave any holes for the seat belts to connect to the floor. I have ordered the Haynes repair manual but it will take a week to arrive. Would anyone be able to provide a few pictures or measurements of where these holes are? For a replacement windshield, would anyone have a spare lying around? =) Thank you for sharing your thoughts and beautiful cars!

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, you better get some window cranks too, or you're going to die down there in CA! Although I imagine you don't have any because of the tuck and roll shit sewn into those door panels (not that they don't look great alongside that seat!). Any padding on them inhibits the cranks from turning. I learned the hard way when making new panels for ours.

Nice looking truck. :thumbup:

If no one has posted the info for you in a few hours, I'll take pics and measurements after work.

This is the driverside mount on the side wall of the cab, see where the triangular hole is, that is where the 521 cab rear makes it's turn across the back, so your mount hole is right in the corner on the cab wall.

Mine has been made into a kingcab, so the curved hole is the back of your cab.

DSCN1617.jpg

The mount for other is near the tunnel right at the back also, about 3 or 4 inches from the tunnel near the back of your cab.

DSCN1618.jpg

If you cannot find this one easily, or don't want to lift your carpet, just get under the truck with an ice pick, find the hole from the bottom, and shove the ice pick up threw the carpet, then look inside behind your seat for the ice pick sticking up.

BTW, Welcome to Ratsun B)

Holy shit, you better get some window cranks too, or you're going to die down there in CA! Although I imagine you don't have any because of the tuck and roll shit sewn into those door panels (not that they don't look great alongside that seat!). Any padding on them inhibits the cranks from turning. I learned the hard way when making new panels for ours.

Nice looking truck. :thumbup:

If no one has posted the info for you in a few hours, I'll take pics and measurements after work.

Thank you, luckily theres a handle a window crank on the driver's side so once i install the seatbelts and windshield, i'll work on the passenger door. The car was originally burgundy so I was thinking about painting it the original color. What color(s) would you suggest? =)

Here are some pictures of a 521 that has not been expertly turned into a 521 King cab by wayno.

Center belt bolt hole. The hole has a screwdriver in it, going down.

SeatBeltCenter.jpg

Outer belt bolt hole. The hole has a screwdriver in it, going sideways.

SeatBeltOuter.jpg

• Like 1

yea white walls and dropped. great find.

personally i would hold off on the paint job until it's in excellent mechanical condish. you could just buff out the current paint with some of this

12a.jpg

you can get it at oreily's if you even have those down there.

welcome :thumbup: