Datsun changed my life.

Ugh. I can't believe I'm going to do this. Here was mine. After it got stolen like 4 times, I got bit by the Subaru bug. After selling my subie and having about 20k to play with, I found a Z for 300$ and have been building it ever since. Aww yeahhhh.

Then:

PICT0077.jpgPICT0078.jpg

PICT0173.jpg

Now:

251854_4313233067246_418676696_n.jpg

207870_4609579515722_1169819954_n.jpg

And you call me gay? i dont get it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you call me gay? i dont get it?

Lol. Yeah man. That car was the beginning of my "car" life. I did a B18 GSR swap in it, did a hand made turbo kit on it (I learned to weld and CAD shit myself at this point), learned basic wiring, how to tune a suspension, how to tune a turbo-charged car, did all my own interior. All that shit at 16 years old.

Basically everything you were going to do to your Z....but didn't.

• Like 1

Nice, I had a really nice del Sol, and now it's a shell in my garage that's being sold off because I got my Z :P so your story sounds quite familiar haha.

don't talk about your del sol that way! I wanted that car more then my datsun, not all honda's are evil, just almost all of them.

93 eclipse GS*, 93 eagle talon tsi*, 78 Camaro*, 91 eclipse GSX, 94 Firebird, 78 Firebird, 73 240z*, 76 280z*,, 87 RX7*, and another 76 280z*. Thats a list of all cars I've owned from age 14-17. ones with stars I still own. anything else I parted out, traded, or sold. Now if I wanted to make a list of bikes.... 94 virago 250, 82 Gs850g, 85 gv700*, 79 gs1000L*, 79 xs650*, 82 Magna*, and an 82 Sabre*. I've owned more vehicles then most adults I know... Thats 17 vehicles, 12 of which I still own. Thats it, I'm selling the 240z and my parts car 280z for $500.

You ever decide to sell the 93 talon tsi syncro let me know. My talon is in a billion pieces atm getting parted out. Poor civic eater... she just had to do me dirty. Bought a shortblock with a crank that had 3 bearings that had been spun, but didn't blue the rods so the pos I bought it from slapped new bearings in it and sold it to me. of course it spun them again, then in the process of looking for a 6 bolt to rebuild on Craigslist I found my '70 521. I said f the talon for the time being, and parted it to get the truck. Had it running in 2 days, and just found out it had been sitting since '98

lol to parkinglotslider's sig

"You interrupt sex to take a look out the window because you thought you heard a BOV"

its true, when we first moved to the apartment we are in now, i didnt remember that a local car meet goes on behind it every saturday night.

needless to say my gf doesnt plan anything on saturday nights :D

• Like 1

its true, when we first moved to the apartment we are in now, i didnt remember that a local car meet goes on behind it every saturday night.

needless to say my gf doesnt plan anything on saturday nights :D

Those HKS bov will stop you dead in your tracks.

:lol:

I remember standing outside of best buy last years black Friday, and I heard a Evo fly by, the fucker made sure I heard his precious BOV discharge cubic yards of air as he passed by.

It was the most beautiful thing I heard that night. more beautiful than the sound of paying $700 for a 42in LED TV :sick:

i got my hks ssqv3 "Special Black Edition" with a special diaphragm or fins or something, literally from j-pan. no joke. took like 3 weeks to get here (cheap shipping) and my car was no where near being done when it arrived, but me and my buddy had to hear it, so we put it on his 97 Eclipse GST and we both almost shat ourselves when he built 18psi on his 20g turbo, and then letoff the gas. sweet jesus. Hella flutter, even at like 5 psi.

Then 2 weeks later we had an "accidental" 28psi pull. didnt hurt the car, but the blowoff valve sounded like the beginning of an alien invasion. WAAAAAPISHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHshshshshshshshshshshs

Well my tsi had a spun bearing before I got it and was sorta gonna be a donor for my eclipse til' I went full tilt on the widebody thing, but right now I'm not gonna update my widebody post til I have more done, not that getting flamed all the time isn't fun but right now I just wanna work on the fenders til I believe there more presentable.

LOL yall are great Heres my list!!!

64 VW Bug (blown engine), 91 Civic SI hatch (totaled), 8? VW Rabbit disel (blown up), 94 Civic 4door (totaled), 94 chevy monte carlo (blown engine), 94 Sentra (totaled), 8? Saab 9000s (scrapped), 79 el camino (stolen/unrecovered), 94 Grand Am (traded), 01 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 (repo'd), 89 240sx Auto :sick: (scrapped), 04 Toyota Celica (traded), 97 Ford Expedition (300K miles and still running strong), 69 510 (project), 74 620 (waiting on engine swap). I have owned/drove just about everything and after driving my 620 for a few months I will never go back. The feeling of having nothing between you and the road other than a steering wheel, gas pedal, and some rubber is the greatest feeling alive!!!

LOL yall are great Heres my list!!!

64 VW Bug (blown engine), 91 Civic SI hatch (totaled), 8? VW Rabbit disel (blown up), 94 Civic 4door (totaled), 94 chevy monte carlo (blown engine), 94 Sentra (totaled), 8? Saab 9000s (scrapped), 79 el camino (stolen/unrecovered), 94 Grand Am (traded), 01 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4 (repo'd), 89 240sx Auto :sick: (scrapped), 04 Toyota Celica (traded), 97 Ford Expedition (300K miles and still running strong), 69 510 (project), 74 620 (waiting on engine swap). I have owned/drove just about everything and after driving my 620 for a few months I will never go back. The feeling of having nothing between you and the road other than a steering wheel, gas pedal, and some rubber is the greatest feeling alive!!!

And i thought i had bad luck with vehicles!

actual list in order

92 dodge spirit (blown engine with block sealer in it when i bought it), 87 chevy silverado (damn near totaled 7 days after getting it on the road due to a driver with no license pulling out in front of me, after 5 years of working on it since i was 13!) 93 eagle talon 1.8l (cracked a piston :devil: rebuilt it, had some mods done, let my brother borrow it, he cracked the block & head with only 7k on the new motor, turns out it didnt like 130ish mph for 18 miles) drove nothing for a while, picked up another 93 talon (2.0t swap with lots of mods, no traction in 1st, 2nd or 3rd, spun rod bearing after 3 days of car sex :bye:)

But best of all, 70 datsun 521, sitting since '98, got it roadworthy in 3 days, then promptly blew both front wheel cylinders, and welded the bad throwout bearing to the pressure plate fingers :cool: New parts on the way!!!