72' 521Project...GEtting it back on the RoAd

jeckle4043

Hey everyone!! My dad's 1972 521 was rolled out of darkness on Sunday and we are working on getting it back on the road. This truck has been around for a good while, I use to race motorcross and this lil truck would carry my bike back and forth to the track. I loved riding in this truck and steering when my dad would let me. I can't wait to start driving it again...(I think he is pretty excited about it too)!!

We need the following parts:

Tailgate

Door Locks

hood emblem (found one on ebay)

Head Light trim is rusted (can this be fixed or do I need to buy new ones) Anyone know where I can find some?

DAtsun 1600 emblem on side of truck (i'm missing a 0 on one of the emblems)

Rear bumper (want original looking one)

If you have any please let me know.

these are just some pieces that will make it look better. :)

Before a bath...

photo-21.jpg

After the bath...

photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg See missing door locks...

Interior

photo-22.jpg

Waiting to get on the road....

photo-16.jpg

thanks for looking...:)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking truck. You have it so good, a lot of 521 trucks have severe rust issues, and you are basically missing a few trim pieces.

Stock bumpers were the two bumperettes. Most full bumpers were custom made.

Have you started it yet?

Nevermind.

What is wrong with the old carb?

Good looking truck. You have it so good, a lot of 521 trucks have severe rust issues, and you are basically missing a few trim pieces.

Stock bumpers were the two bumperettes. Most full bumpers were custom made.

Have you started it yet?

Nevermind.

What is wrong with the old carb?

Yea the tailgate isn't really rusted but only have 1 handle back there. I need the rock guard/valence under the front bumper as well. We haven't started it yet, cause' my dad let his dad drive it around about 9-10 years ago and then started acted up and he knows the carb is no good. I don't know what is wrong with the carb, but he said a kit wouldn't probably fix it. You know anyone that has some door locks for it?

How could you let this off the road.

These are so simple trucks.

Looks great.

Did you buff it out? Perfect color also

I know...my grandpa drove it for awhile and then just parked it. I just washed it with water/soap and then took some pics. :) My grandpa messed with the bed a lil bit and put some other paint on it, but my dad is a body guy so we are going to spray it. :)

welcome! your dash pad looks like it has been redone, the truck looks great!

Yea I actually showed my dad this site today and he said that my grandma actually re-did the dash a long time ago. she has been gone for awhile, but she was awesome at that kinda stuff. Thanks for the comment. I can't wait to drive it.

Yea the tailgate isn't really rusted but only have 1 handle back there. I need the rock guard/valence under the front bumper as well. We haven't started it yet, cause' my dad let his dad drive it around about 9-10 years ago and then started acted up and he knows the carb is no good. I don't know what is wrong with the carb, but he said a kit wouldn't probably fix it. You know anyone that has some door locks for it?

I've seen tailgate handles on ebay so you can try that. also if you have pick n pull in kentucky you can check the inventory online of your local yard. and check the parts for sale thread on here, there's usually good stuff on there.

oh, and for the carb just get a weber if you can afford it.

one of these and call it a day.

K662.jpg

found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Datsun-1969-to-1982-Weber-Carburetor-Conversion-/270828996696?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0eaa8858&vxp=mtr