Anyone running 195-45-15? Or 185-45-15

Slamming my wagon on 15x7 and still debating what tire size to get. Want to see if anyone has used this size tire and if there's any pictures of them on a 510. These tire sizes are pretty popular in the MK1 VW community just haven't seen them on Dimes.

Had 195-45's on my old MK1 Scirocco and MK1 Pickup but just want to see them on a 510 B)

dsc0015bb.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

muchas grassy-ass.

:sick:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You find some fins yet?

There's a 165/45/15 also iirc.

I did find some and Im pumped! thx for askin

Yea I've seen the 165-45's but the stretch is too much and they don't look all that safe. If I were to go 195-45's then it would have to be Toyo Proxies since those are the only ones to have a slight stretch on a 7" wheel. The Nexen & Federals of that size have no stretch at all on a 7".

453xw8l.jpg

4e0b28h.jpg

33y05c2.jpg

There's also 185-45R15 Nankang's but pretty steep at $480 for 4. Black Forest seems to be the only people in the US to carry them. Here's a pic of them on a 7" wheel.

jerrywheel1.jpg

jerrywheel2.jpg

jerrywheel3.jpg

i have some Nexens (Korean) 195 45 15 from Tires Easy. was about 55-60 apc

I pick these as I am running +25mm Rota RBs on stock rims. I was worried the tire would hit the strut tube.

205s would be OK in the back

are the RB's 15x7? have any pics?

Those nankang 185's look good. I'm also looking for tires myself and I might go with the toyos if the stretch is more than the others. I'll be running a 7.5 wide rim in the rear and the 205/50's are too big.

fe86b990.jpg

post pics of your car! nice wheels

post pics of your car! nice wheels

I bought the mk2r's so I can rob them of the barrels.

1982d680.jpg

44f11d76.jpg

So I ended up purchasing 2 sets of wheels which will be taken apart and then reassembled to create 1 set with the size/offset/look that I want to run. This is what they will look like when finished.

7cc105f8.jpg

f1c3de1a.jpg

I have very similar wheels to those spoked ones, Different brand (Weds) and not as nice of a center, but the spokes and the 2 piece design are the same.

What was the size and offset of the barrel on your spoked wheels jefe? They might be a nice change for my centers.

I have very similar wheels to those spoked ones, Different brand (Weds) and not as nice of a center, but the spokes and the 2 piece design are the same.

What was the size and offset of the barrel on your spoked wheels jefe? They might be a nice change for my centers.

Yea I've seen yours, they're called Weds Bavaria II. You beat me to the punch on those, they were priced very cheap.

Yeah , the fin faces.

The spare face/barrels will be reassembled and sold.

Sorry for the thread jack. ;)

naw no problem man. Those widths/offsets are going to look great on your dime. Get some stretch on those tires and try not to go too crazy on negative camber, I hate negcamber :hmm:

Nom Nom indeed. I dont like step lips.

SNC10535.JPG

^^Nice, did the weds come out of southern cali?

Coolerow:

You find tires yet?

onlinetires has toyos at $350 shipped to cen-cal.

$50 bucks cheaper if you do local pickup.

I'm thinking of going through them unless I find something cheaper/local.

^^Nice, did the weds come out of southern cali?

Coolerow:

You find tires yet?

onlinetires has toyos at $350 shipped to cen-cal.

$50 bucks cheaper if you do local pickup.

I'm thinking of going through them unless I find something cheaper/local.

yea he got them from a guy in LA, I missed out but at least im getting some really nice ones

I always buy from Onlinetires they are the cheapest around anywhere. Im also going 195-45 Toyos, the 185's are too expensive for being Nankangs, bump that

ps:

STEP LIPS > STRAIGHT LIPS

B)

• 4 weeks later...