All Japanese meet in Long Beach, CA???

vindats1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from "Koji" (he and his wife are the promoters of JCCS) he told us that JCCS just "got too big for Long Beach/Queen Mary"...so "gotta move it to bigger place".............................Irvine will be great guys, as Mark said there is much more room and lots more shade.....

The venue was moved because it's bigger & can accomidate more vehicles. Basically we outgrew Queen mary park! I believe they also have the Z car nats. there & theres lots of trees/shade & it's all grass.

Not the same park as the nat's. But close. just down the road.

Quote from "Koji" (he and his wife are the promoters of JCCS) he told us that JCCS just "got too big for Long Beach/Queen Mary"...so "gotta move it to bigger place".............................Irvine will be great guys, as Mark said there is much more room and lots more shade.....

don't get me wrong, i'm one of jccs biggest advocates

i go every year, pays my money, bug my friends to go, etc.

having said that, i'm real glad they decided to move the location

last year, datsuns were packed together like sardines

while 5 "crowns" were smack dab in the center of the event with tons of room between them :blink:

they told us they wouldn't let cars in after the gates were locked

but they actually did let in some cars in (not speaking of jay leno) who hadn't even registered

no big deal, but those latecomers sandwiched me in :mad:

the other head scratcher was the parking lot area

seemingly set aside for the r/c drift and featured marque (mazda?) or for race cars? who knows?

but then we see all different makes including newer imports all spread out randomly and taking up space

anyway, i hope the larger venue doesn't mean more import nights bs and/or unrelated vendor booths

but more nostalgic cars, and more room in which to display them :thumbup:

end rant

the other head scratcher was the parking lot area

seemingly set aside for the r/c drift and featured marque (mazda?) or for race cars? who knows?

but then we see all different makes including newer imports all spread out randomly and taking up space

anyway, i hope the larger venue doesn't mean more import nights bs and/or unrelated vendor booths

but more nostalgic cars, and more room in which to display them :thumbup:

end rant

Good point.

I have been there every year so far. The last two I was involved with parking and such. I will bring up your concerns at the meetings they will hold before the show. Terry & Koji are real big on vintage cars, Toyota being one of the biggest sponsers, I can see why the make more room for them. But newer imports not sure bout that one. But I will bring this stuff up at the first meeting.

Also, if You remember, Derek (who caravanned with Us) waited outside for an hour on the speculation that He might have been allowed to come in. We even MADE ROOM FOR HIM in the truck area, but NOOOoooooo. So JCCS lot some revenue (He didn't care about a goodie bag or entering to show) and He lost out in hanging with Us. I hope that now JCCS will have lots of room, that late comers can enter the day of the show.

Mike, I doubt that they will have day of the show entries..(but ya never know)..and with the "bigger" venue, I would imagine that come early June they will start entry opening..(John, any idea when?) Also I think the reason for all of the Toyota fuss this past year had something to do it being the 50th anniv for Toyato or something like that........I almost agree with all of the "rants"..cept for this: (sorry guys..) but old as I am, ranting just aint worth it..gets ya nowhere, makes yer belly ache, ain't gonna change a dang thing, (like I said guys...sorry fer my editorial) peace to ya'll