L24 Fuel Injection

nismosilvia

I have a 77 810 and I keep going back and forth with what im going to do with the car. Its a CA car currently registered but in someone elses name I have to get it smogged so I can put it in mine yaa I fed up and didnt know it was up to the previous owner to do as this is my first old car.

So I sea foamed the car the other day to see if it had any exhaust leaks and I found the white smoke was billowing out somewhere near #6 cylinder. I have a 280zx manual but the motors l28, mines l24 and Im still waiting for the correct manual to come in the mail.

Anyways I was wondering in anyone has a scan that I could use in the mean time so I can get the ball rolling with trying to get the gasket replaced. Also it appears to have all the evap equipment and doesnt smoke at all during start up or running but im wondering what else I should clean/replace so I can pass the dreaded smog test.

Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its more like the L28 are just bored and stroked l24's lol. Ya the heads are dif the 810 l24 runs a mn47 which is sought after because of its decent stock flow (with good potential) and close chambers which on a stock flat top l28 yield like 11:1+ comp.

• Like 1

Correct.If the manifold is warped,the new gasket will seal the issue for a few thousand miles and then you'll be back to where you are now.Take it apart,check twice and be sure.Doing things twice for something like a warped surface isn't fun.

Correct.If the manifold is warped,the new gasket will seal the issue for a few thousand miles and then you'll be back to where you are now.Take it apart,check twice and be sure.Doing things twice for something like a warped surface isn't fun.

Yaa seriously taking off the manifolds definetly isnt as easy as working on my Tacoma. So I came across a few seat backs. The exhaust manifold has a big L shaped crack on the middle two ports front and back. Also that little tube that runs from the intake manifold to the exhaust the threaded part for the intake manifold broke inside the manifold. Am I sol with fixing either of the manifolds? Im sure I can get the exhaust man. welded but what about the broken part in the intake one?