Project: Saved From The Crusher!

snapdaddy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what the single wire under the dash I think it might bring light green /red wire go to

that is correct.

and nice progress.

Edited by skyblue521

Is there a differents in 521 beds

I bought that bed trailer and it doesn't have the cover for the. Little tank inside the bed , nor does it have thevscrew holes for it

The one at the Junk yard has the cover and that little tank. So I'm going to go and get them maybe next weekend

Also the gas tank on the one at the junk yard it is smaller then the one that came with mine

Mine is kinda bulky and square. That one is Tina slim and roundish

Depending on the model year, and if the 521 truck was originally sold in California, it may or may not have a evaporative emission system to control fumes from the gas tank.

The extra tank, and cover ahead of the left rear wheel in the bed is for the evap. system. The major problem, is the evaporative gas tanks actually vent through the auxiliary tank in the bed, and up to the air cleaner.

There are some extra underhood parts you need for the evaporative system. If they are not there, no sense in putting the extra tank in the bed for it. If you have the underhood parts, you should hook it up. Evaporative emission systems actually give you a little better gas mileage, and do not hurt the power the truck has.

If you want more details on the evap. system, I would be glad to share.

those are your standard issue 521 stock tail lights. i believe from '70 maybe late '69 through '72. someone correct me if i'm wrong on the years.

although, upon closer inspection they are missing the back up light clear lenses. hmmm.

they're supposed to look like these

DSC02314.jpg

kinda looks like someone just stuck a piece of red plastic over the housing on the ones you have cause they look flush. Stock tail lights protrude a bit from the housing.