Newbie inside!!

Hi there !

My name is Math and im from Quebec (land of shitty winter and rusted cars...)

Just bought my first Datsun ! it's a 1972 510 racecar (at least it used to be) that I plan to restore in a street / week end racer machine .

Since the car wasn't complete , I bought a huge part lot at the same time , still missing some things but I have a lot of extra parts, that I'll be happy to share with all of you if you need some !

well here's the car when I bought it :

datsnut.jpg

the front panel was thorn . and the floors are completely to be remade .. but those cars are so rare upon here that I will restore this one ...

will post more picture of my project in the right section

for now I just wanted to say Hi!! B)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahaha I will get my floors this week if everything goes as I planned , so more pictures will come

for the engine , it's tagged as a L20 . I will rebuild it after the body will be solid ,with pics for sure lol... I still dont know about what's in the engine , bought a couple of books to rebuild that beast and to know If the guy who tuned it did it right :)

Welcome to Ratsun. Good luck with the build, I can't imagine taking an ex-race car and restoring it, as I have a couple race cars and would never under take such a big job. Awesome to see someone putting another dime back together though. Have fun and post LOTS of pics. By the way, those slot mags are the shit, keep em' on the car. I love sluts.... I'm mean slots.... Oh hell.... I love both :rofl:

Welcome to Ratsun. Good luck with the build, I can't imagine taking an ex-race car and restoring it, as I have a couple race cars and would never under take such a big job. Awesome to see someone putting another dime back together though. Have fun and post LOTS of pics. By the way, those slot mags are the shit, keep em' on the car. I love sluts.... I'm mean slots.... Oh hell.... I love both :rofl:

the guy who sold me the car kept the wheels... they were 13'' anyway .. I wanted 14.. (I have a nice set of SSR MK2 hehe)

Strong drivetrain before pretty car is my belief, so former race car? Is the unibody messed up, tube chassis ? Or it just looks ugly?

no tube chassis , it's rusted ... well really rusted but still possible to repair it :) once the body will be stiff enough , I will mount it on a ''rotisserie'' :P