• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what my un-show-worthy engine bay looks like

tumblr_msbztlPXIZ1qe7x6po2_1280.jpg

and the batteries new home

tumblr_msbztlPXIZ1qe7x6po1_1280.jpg

disclaimer: no i dont drive it like this. it was rigged in this fashion to drive around the block and see how

the new springs feel. i will have a better, mounted box, as well as grommets to protect the batt cables. :)

Just curious, what brake hoses did you use with the Z32 calipers? Hardbody? 

yessir, hardbody hoses mine were on rock auto close out. wagner part number bh132997 (f132997)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice buildup w pix & lots of info. Shes looking good :-)

thank you PCD! means a bunch comin from you

so no real updates.

i had let vinegar sit in the coolant system for a while, and truth be told i thought that the vinegar would eat up some stuff that was actually plugging 

up and unseen hole. that, plus her being lower, with lower hanging parts, and the (relocated) battery more secure but still not as secure as it should be....

all this made me apprehensive to drive her, especially long distances.

but i took her up to fontana last night and she made it a-ok! stopped once on the way up to check oil and coolant and NO COOLANT LEAK(S)!

still drippin oil of course but thats my fault ahaha. i drove carefully into a gas station on my way out and i scraped something on those damn gas caps

or whatever (on the ground, they look like sewer caps.) but all was well.

i had ghetto rolled the fenders, but it wasnt enough for the passenger side. so she rubbed the whole way up. me being the paranoid i am, i thought it 

was either gonna get super heated and or blow the tire.. but it barely rubbed. i have also bought a fender roller, so i can get it done right. 

i go out of town til the 23rd and then i have a few more days to work on the truck before jccs. 

i have a lot of plans and things i wanna do, but the one thing that needs to be done is resand the bare metal and clear coat. 

hey so after jccs i might sell the truck, ESPECIALLY if i end up buying this one truck tomorrow.... omg so excite!!!

edit (sept 30)

while i was visiting fam in NC i found a niiiice lookin red 620 for sale, turns out the add was fairly old (approx a month)

called the guy and no response so i assume he sold the truck 

• 2 weeks later...

so got back to sd from my nc visit, and got crackin on getting the truck 'ready' for jccs.

nothin special, was just goin to hang out with fellow ratsuners.

here are some photos. 

idk if i mentioned it in THIS thread but i had plans to re-do my door panels in brass sheet

i used .04" brass sheet and crudely cut them to fit. 

i used the lo buc rod closed cell foam sheet stuff to fight againt rattle/vibration and to cut down on noise

tumblr_mtt0ho1uI81qe7x6po2_250.jpg

tumblr_mtt0ho1uI81qe7x6po4_250.jpg

tumblr_mtt0ho1uI81qe7x6po1_1280.jpg

no photos but i drilled 9 holes in each panel (close to stock holes) to hold it in place.

no rattles! and a real reduction in noise because of that lo buc rod sheet. 

i had intentions to shine it up nice and bright but realized that it might catch the sun and blind me

• Like 1

also finally got the vast majority of the cab/front of the truck down to bare metal 

and finally bucked up for permalac so i could coat/seal it properly.

it was soo bright that it was blinding me while i was grinding... so i realized i couldnt use 

the 'satin' (semi gloss) lacquer so i had to exchange it to the matte finish to dull it down.

i obviously dont know how to paint because there are streak marks throughout. 

im gonna re-do it, with a roller and maybe thin it as well. also, the matte actually dulled

it too much so i might just try the satin finish. 

this photo doesnt show how bright it was

tumblr_mtrod52dJI1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

and at the show

tumblr_mtwn3wMQ9c1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

after the show, with radim and ruckycharms

tumblr_mtvdrmfMFd1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

• Like 1

what my un-show-worthy engine bay looks like

tumblr_msbztlPXIZ1qe7x6po2_1280.jpg

Nice looking truck Dawa!

Is that the stock radiator? I had to have my outlet moved to the passenger side for my KA swap but yours looks like it was made that way...

Dawa, this guy Greg that you picked up the hood from, his name isn't Greg Haynes is it?

not sure. i think he has a wagon now and a el camino if that helps any? maybe one or 2 other datsuns

Nice looking truck Dawa!

Is that the stock radiator? I had to have my outlet moved to the passenger side for my KA swap but yours looks like it was made that way...

that is the stock 1.6 radiator, i am not sure about the 1.8 radiator

but the 2.0 radiator has the outlet on the other side like you mentioned.

• 11 months later...

well, got the truck to O'ahu in october. didnt find a place to live (with a garage) til mid december, then went out to sea for january, came back for a week or so in february, in which time i received my house hold goods (TOOLS!!) and then went back out to sea from february til a few weeks ago, so no real changes at the moment.

when i got back, i was pleasantly surprised to see my truck still parked in the drive way, and also not on blocks.

like a few of the local datsuners said, the bare metal wont last here on da islan. which is partially true.

if i had laid down the permalac properly (proper lighting, not at 3am, more than a single coat) it woulda held up better, im sure.

along with that, the other problems with havin the truck sit for 6 months unloved:

-dead battery (shoulda disconnected it, duh)

-no fuel in the lines or filter (just gotta prime the lines/filter)

-added oil

-added fluid to the rad

-gotta troubleshoot the clutch, it goes to the floor. master still has fluid in it, but it probably has a lot of water in it, so ill bleed that.

honestly the rust isnt that bad imo.

10598384_1488496124731126_1532205979_n.j

oh and i get compliments all the time on this thing. a few ppl call it cherry even though it isnt the main land version of cherry (super clean.) and once a week sometimes more or less, i get offers for it. but i aint sellin it!! unless i replace it with another 620, considering buying lances, if he will cut a deal

• Like 2

oh and i get compliments all the time on this thing. a few ppl call it cherry even though it isnt the main land version of cherry (super clean.) and once a week sometimes more or less, i get offers for it. but i aint sellin it!! unless i replace it with another 620, considering buying lances, if he will cut a deal

Hit me up dude. I smashed my phone and lost all my numbers.  I'll hook you up.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hit me up dude. I smashed my phone and lost all my numbers.  I'll hook you up.

see i checked out Lance's truck.

tumblr_nfvrgwHroO1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

which i knew i was gonna buy anyways, and then finally scrounged up the $$ and bought it

tumblr_ng8ylp1qn71qe7x6po1_500.jpg

yay im so happy!!! and true to his word Lance really hooked up his fellow ratsuner.

not gonna tell you the price though, haha

BUT, yall dont go thinkn that im abandoning the green truck. i got... "promoted" while out to sea,

and once that happened, squadron moved me to another boat (sub) to run shit over there.

right now we puttin in a lot of hours to get ready to go out to sea 1st quarter of next year.

i just couldnt pass up a deal on another datsun, especially this long bed.

Still gonna be able to get your hands on some sweet sweet Japanese wheels?

yessir! ill do it when i can.

• Like 3