I want a Z

cdub42

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

4 weeks, carbs came in on Friday. This made for a painfully long day at work. Got home and stripped my old carbs off before bed.

55E3E99C-4F73-45C4-A774-DABAB5BD6C89_zps

Bright and early in the morning I was out working on my car in my pajamas, coffee cup in hand. There was something very therapeutic about that.

14B6EB9F-00AA-41A0-A368-82527B878FB8_zps

New carbs on

087A980E-B03E-40A4-93DF-6AA795DE9F1F_zps

Spent most of the day tweeting and adjusting the idle mix and timing to just where I like it. Dug out the colortune and unisyn. Played with the timing light for a while before I threw it back in the toolbox and set my timing the old fashioned way. Wend out on a deserted desert road and advanced it till it pinged and slowly backed it off till it wouldn't ping under a hard WOT run. I'm not used to actually having to use the choke. Before it was so rich at all times I didn't need it. I'm down to my last gripe to tune out of the carbs. It accelerates up to 3k rpm like I'm pulling a boat. I think the ATF in the dashpots is too thin and I need to find some 20wt oil.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

finally getting around to hanging my N36 intakes

CB4CDEDA-BBEB-4CE3-8DD8-E4081D588DCA_zps

ran into a little problem tho, the spacers are a little too thick, and i really don't want to pull the studs and replace them, so I'm gonna go make a slightly thinner spacer. 

815EF675-D2A6-4918-9032-6816A4166EE8_zps