Datsun swap meet car, show and DYNO day!!

69FJWagon

1st Annual 510 Parts Outlet carshow, swap meet & dyno day!

Date: Sunday, June 29th 2008

Time: 10am - 5pm

Place: 510 Parts Outlet

45301 Industrial Place #4

Fremont, Ca 94538

Troys is going to be putting on his first annual swapmeet, carshow & dyno day. It's going to be $50 for a half hour (aprox.) and that includes Troys time for tuning (parts are extra). Food and beverage will be for sale on site. If you are interested in the dyno you will need to call ahead and reserve a spot,

(510) 252-1001

Lets try to make this a good turnout and maybe it will turn into a real annual event!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton hey make sure you get Mario's 510 on the dyno!! And oh yeah take LOTS of pics :D

for sure... there will probably be a few KA powered 510's that we will be putting on the dyno.

Duke, we were just looking at the prints on how Troy made the dizzy for the last carbed KA he did last friday so he should be able to make one for you or explain how he did it.

is troy actually on this site somewhere?

No Troy is not on this site but does check it out every now and again but he doesnt care about having the internet at home or at work so he uses good old DIAL UP...:lol: then I usally hear him bitch how slow it was to look something up but he wont ever change he would rather spend his money on his racing than an internet bill

th_Troyataltamont1.jpg

th_Troyatirwindale2.jpg

th_Troyatirwindale1.jpg

It gets expensive :D

Clayton, what car or cars will you be running on the dyno? I think I might run my wagon at the dyno near my house before Troys dyno day. I want to see the difference in numbers from one dyno to an other.

Clayton, what car or cars will you be running on the dyno? I think I might run my wagon at the dyno near my house before Troys dyno day. I want to see the difference in numbers from one dyno to an other.

Jesus just call Troy and set up a dyno spot its 50 bucks for the dyno for 20-30 minutes and he will tune your car for free... exept if you need parts those are extra :D Glad to hear your coming

• 2 weeks later...
I left Troy a message with my info, I hope he returns my call to confirm I have a spot. Be there with the BMX bike in the back seat:D

He should call you back, Troy has been at Laguna Seca for the past 2 days for a vintage charity race he rented the 710 race car to a customer. Glad to hear you will be there :D talk to you later

Clayton

So today we had Troys 1st annual get together/Dyno day & it went great! Probably a couple hundred people at least & probably 50 cars through out the day. Here are some pictures from todays event, videos to follow. Maybe...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28197840@N08/

I'm bummed I missed out. Would have loved to make it but it just didn't work out. I really would have liked to look over some of the cars that were there.

Day wasn't a total bust though, I have the headers for the KA really close to being done and I did some cart racing for my friends bachlor party.

Nice! Cali peeps know how to have fun. Seems like most NW meets turn into shows that then turn into "$25 entry fee, only going for the trophy, don't park that thing next to me" contests. Nobody seems to meet just for the enjoyment of it here....well not EVERYBODY, but most.

I gonna move south. :)

-Brian

Damn that looks like so much fun!! What kinda numbers did everyone get on the dyno?

Ya the green 1200 made the most power of the day at 193hp out of a carbed 16 valve KA (Car runs mid 13s) and the dyno people said it was reading low cuz it wasnt corrected??? I was really dissapointed in the numbers a stock SR20det put down at 173hp. the day was great and for the first event not a bad turn out.

Man I really wanted to go, hell even Hector who is now Datsun-less since I helped him sell his V6 powered 510 called me telling me he was 'holding' my dyno spot.

I wanted to go with my 521 filled to the brim with lots of Datsun goodies (i.e lots of wheels) but I was (1) way too tired from my weekend activities driving to/from LA in one day and (2) I had a lot of emails/calls from guys interested in my 521 that I just posted to reply to (sad I know but it will give me more $$ and time to spend on my dime).

What did your wagon register at Clay? How's Lisa's rig coming along, is it running yet? :)