Sign in to follow this  
alabama_lowlife

alabama_lowlife's 70 521

Where did you find a 521 in Alabama.i have only seen one come up for sale in the 5 or more years I have been looking.its like they only made it to the new England area and west coast.anyways nice truck and a steal at $200

• Like 2

Luck. And oddly enough I drove by the thing for years and never saw it. It belonged to the grandfather of one of my friends. It was kept under a shed after he passed away but there was lattice around it and stuff piled up around it so it wasn't very noticeable. But it was right next to the road and I used to drive down that road all the time. He stopped by the house one day and saw I had a 521 as the screen saver on my computer (the green one that was in minitruckin). He said his granddad had a truck just like it. Sure enough, it was.

• Like 2

Got it running and driving now making it beautiful!  Nice work!  Congrats.  I did my 1970 521 dash top with the same carpet back int he early 1980's.

What happened to the wheels that were on it?

If Wayno says something about these little Datsuns it is correct the man knows these trucks.

• Like 1

The wheels that where on it are stacked up in the corner of my shop. I know a lot of guys like that look, but it's just not my style.

I plan to recover the interior with pleated leather or vinyl. I have a classic auto sounds radio to install in it. I'll have to install the faceplate and remotely mount the rest of the radio because it won't fit behind the dash there. But I won't start on that until I get the paint finished.

• Like 1

I also picked up an L20B with a 5 speed a few weeks back. No hurry with that either, just got a deal I couldn't refuse. I'll run the L16 for a while before I consider swapping.

• Like 1