speaker boxes? how did you do it?

dirty-mik3

so im assuming most of you at least have a radio and one speaker, but i need to see some pictures of your guys' layouts. im looking at putting a ten" sub and some 6 1/2" speakers in my truck somehow, but so far my only ideas are down firing subs under the bench seat, or making a box that will fit inside the dash, maybe use the old parcel tray mounts? im not really sure yet! i just need ideas! :confused:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Subs dont really care where they are, its bass, it goes through panels. Treble on the other hand can be stopped by a panel.

make a box under the bench, with a port out of the box forward towards the front of the bench. Look up box sizes and padding and stuff, there is a ton of research done already.

As for normal speakers, doors are good, but you may need to run a spacer as the rear of the speaker may interfere with the window.

Try to get speakers with a directional tweeter, or a remote tweeter. Some make molded boxes at the kick panels for their speakers, I suggest if you do it that way, put a cage over the speaker to prevent someones foot going into the speaker.

And yes, 521s are very cramped inside.

i have a rockford fosgate 8in behind the passenger seat in a wedge box, i replaced the stock speaker with a newer one, and still looking for a place to install the other one. i am also putting a premier/pioneer amp under the drivers seat. im not lookin to blast music, just something simple that sounds alright.