HSR Vintage racing Fontana Cal speedway and Datsun 510s update !

My buddy is a mech for a Porsche car team and just called me said there is like 70 510s in one big garage there, I am trying to make it out to vintage racing event, cost is $16 bucks to get in ,today and tomorrow ,I am at my shop waiting for a car drop off ,soon I hope, I need to run home and get my 510 ,they let you drive in the pit area also and my friend has a garage rented.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy is a mech for a Porsche car team and just called me said there is like 70 510s in one big garage there, I am trying to make it out to vintage racing event, cost is $16 bucks to get in ,today and tomorrow ,I am at my shop waiting for a car drop off ,soon I hope, I need to run home and get my 510 ,they let you drive in the pit area also and my friend has a garage rented.

I just got back to my shop. I was out there for a couple hours. I think it's more like 12-15 510's not 70. But the most I've seen on a track at one time. And it's $10.00 if you have a AAA card. And you don't get to park in the pit's....

Ok maybe he said Datsuns being zs and roadsters also ,and thats cool for 10 bucks ,they run down main straight of the speedway then go into roadcourse in the back.I also want to see old 70s Usdm iron running .

There are ALOT of badass cars out there Can Am Old indy cars, stock cars, you name it. Oh and LOTS O Datsuns.....

It was great to meet a few fellow ratsuners at this weekends race event. Even a couple of wagon owners stopped by to say 'Hi". While there may be faster Datsuns in the pits, the goon still gets the most 'high fives', especially from the kids, they say it looks like a giant HotWheels ;-) And Adam Carolla was also there with one of his Roadsters.

My Lil' Red Wagon had a good weekend at the HSR West Historic Sports Car Festival : one timed practice, one warm-up, three races, and no DNFs. I held onto the top third of the field for most of the wknd, as there were some really fast cars and drivers there. As usual, Troy Ermish was the class of the field, and former Champion John Morton was close on his heels all weekend. It was great for Ermish Racing to supply a car for the legend so he could join us for the event.

The Datsun/Nissan event at the Riverside Auto Museum was a real treat, with driving greats like Bobby Unser, John Morton, and Kas Kastner attending. Top builders and crew chiefs from the era were also recognized, and lots of footage played all night from the now-closed Riverside Raceway. I'm sure lots of video and pictures will be showing up soon.

Link to a bunch of photos.