AWD 240Z

jaywis

Hey guys, cool forum you have here, I have always owned datsun but more recently Subaru's, so once day got to thinking, what if I made a AWD Subaru powered Datsun Z? So after alllot of thinking I proceeded with my chop saw and mig welder. I essentially took the sub frame of a subaru forester and welded it too a 240z I had kicking around. In the end it will have a 320hp AWD subaru 5 speed drivetrain with rear diff and all brakes from subaru, exterior and interior is staying stock exept for widebody flairs I will have to make as the forester is 10 inches wider!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of people that aren't registered to HybridZ so they won't be able to see the pictures. The best thing to do is copy & paste the thread you have on HybridZ and post it here and make a photobucket account and upload the pics there so you can post them here.

• Like 1

my question is the same as i brought up in another thread recently

why?

why do that when you can get a skyline front clip that has everything you would need to make an awd z car, keep it all nissan, and have much higher hp potential

my question is the same as i brought up in another thread recently

why?

why do that when you can get a skyline front clip that has everything you would need to make an awd z car, keep it all nissan, and have much higher hp potential

Availability and price. Two largest factors when doing something like this.

I have only spent about $30 bucks on welding wire on this project, both cars were in my yard and were considered scrap, I figured since so many have talked about it but never did then I will do it. I havent had much time lately as I am trying to finish a resto on a series 1 240z serial number 000566.

heres some pics of the AWD Subie Z car.

http://s1271.photobu...nt=DSC02379.jpg

How i post pics... Upload to photobucket, open album, click on picture to make it bigger. right click, copy, paste into the txt box of ratsun. post. bam picture posted

everyone always says to copy some tag, that just seems complicated to me. just copy paste. to any who says it doesnt work, try it, works great