White Salmon Mystery Coupe!

Morrisun

There were rumours that Datsun 1200 was near the Thriftway Store in White Salmon Washington. I too had hear the rumours and spent 2 hours driving around looking for this car. I shared this rumour with Exit 64 who lives across the river in Hood River Oregon, he didn't find it either along with a whole host of others.. 4 houses down from the Thriftway..This car was on Craig's List, Portland Oregon-I responded just a little to late as the owner of Advanced Composite Systems responded first. This was grandma's car and was stored in the garage since 1997. Here's the pics.

WhiteSalmonCoupeIMG_1941.jpg

WhiteSalmonCoupeIMG_1944.jpg

WhiteSalmonCoupeIMG_1942.jpg

Loaded up for the trip home to Vancouver Washinton.

WhiteSalmonCoupeIMG_1947.jpg

After a good scrub!

P6121269.jpg

P6121276.jpg

P6121277.jpg

P6121275.jpg

P6121274.jpg

P6121289.jpg

P6121287.jpg

P6121288.jpg

P6121292.jpg

P6121290.jpg

P6121293.jpg

P6121295.jpg

P6121297.jpg

The wheels were only for mocking up possible fender flares. The brakes will be repaired and the car will driven as a daily driver..YES!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

My name is Ian, and I am the owner of this car. I've been encouraged to join the forum by a couple local PDX members...so here goes!

It's been a long time since I've owned a Datsun (last car was a '70 510 wagon, that I completely rebuilt in '99). Glad to be back in the fold...I've wanted a 1200 coupe for a long, long time.

I was trying to get the car on the road for last weekend's Blue Lake meet, but was having a couple small problems. All fixed now!!

I've been driving the car for the past 2-3 days; here's a couple pics as it sits today :)

dscn1683n.jpg

dscn1684k.jpg

dscn1685q.jpg

dscn1686y.jpg

dscn1688i.jpg

• Like 1

They're Diamond Racing 15X8j-0

IIRC -0 offset is the same as 4" backspace. Tires are Falken 195/50/15.

I had to roll the rear fenders somewhat aggressively to clear...and over large bumps at speed they still rub when I'm alone. I'm 5'11" and 180lbs. With 2 people in the car the rubbing is a little more frequent...but not bad.

The front is another story altogether. The car has the Frankenstein Sentra/240SX big brake setup, which moved the front wheel outward about 3/8". I cut the fenders, and massaged the rear fender well to clear. Still needs a little more massaging.

Ian

The front is another story altogether. The car has the Frankenstein Sentra/240SX big brake setup, which moved the front wheel outward about 3/8". I cut the fenders, and massaged the rear fender well to clear. Still needs a little more massaging.

Might be too late for this now, but switching to a 195/45-15 would probably cut that rubbing out. :thumbup:

I had the same problem on mine, but decided to just step down to smaller wheels. Right now looking at a 13x8 with a 185/60-13 or a 14x8 with a 195/45-14. Should eliminate any rubbing and allow me to go a lot lower. B)