• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the site i saw, superchargerunlimited may have a warranty

specs:

Unofficial Specs for Aisin Model AMR500

New Mini Roots Type Supercharger.

Application: to increase performance on motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, VW engines, Mini Coopers, Subarus, Nissans, Toyotas or any engine under 3.0L.

500cc/ revolution (30.5 cu.in.) With straight, 2 lobe rotors. It could be over-driven, and make good boost on a 650cc-1000cc drag bikes or larger if RPM is kept low. Or it could be under-driven for smaller engines.

Examples:

On a 500cc two stroke, with the blower being driven 1.5:1 with the crank, it would produce approximately 7 psi boost.

On a 750cc four stroke, with the blower being driven 1:1 with the crank, it would produce approximately 5 psi boost.

On a 750cc four stroke, with the blower being driven 1.5:1 with the crank, it would produce approximately 15 psi boost.

On a 1000cc four stroke, with the blower being driven 1.5:1 with the crank, it would produce approximately 9.5 psi boost.

On a 1600cc VW engine, with the blower being driven 2.1:1 with the crank, it would produce approximately 5 psi, but the engine RPM must be limited to 8000 rpm.

Additional Info:

Max blower continous speed is 16,000 RPM Before this, these were only available in Japan!

This would be a great blower for any small engine up to 1200cc ( depending on RPM ).

Over all length is 6.75", Width is 8", Height from inlet to outlet 5.5" The 4 bolt inlet & outlet flanges makes it easy to fabricate custom mounts for manifolds, and carbs. The drive pulley diameter is aprox. 3" but could be changed out to a cog belt drive quite easily. We have no info on what modifications are needed to mount this unit on your engine. You will need to be capable of doing custom fabrication.

Summit Racing has a good book on supercharger applications called Street Supercharging. It sells for about $18, and is a good source of set-up information. It uses any OEM supercharger oil, such as Ford (a roots type supercharger was used on the Thunderbird), GM (the Bonneville SC uses a roots supercharger) and any of the aftermarket roots supercharger manufacturers such as B+M, Magnuson or Weiand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I've got a AMR 500 that I've had for years. My intention was to fit it to one of my A swaps into a Mg Midget or AH Sprite. Not as much room as in the B210 or 210 so haven't got around to it. Have studied up a bit though. With that long suck through installation shown you will get more throttle lag than with a blow through arrangement. Also with a small supercharger much over geared you will get more heat than with a larger blower at a lower speed. If you design a blow through system you could fit the supercharger to the other side of the car. Say where the alternator is now and move that anywhere it will fit. With such a design fitting a big intercooler would be simple. 

A blow through SU setup was used on the MG turbo Metro and isn't hard to set up. That is what I had planned on using.

Big boost works best on low compression engines. Quite a bit of info on the internet about supercharging and you will want to determine your effective compression with boost and what you will have to run for fuel.