Newbie to fourm, 510 CA18DET SWAP

Hello all, I race a 510, chump car endurance, Daytona was a blast, I was simply underpowered. I found and bought a ca18de turbo with aprox 500 miles. It looks new the valves and bearings are perfect. Anyway I am having a hard time finding the electronic diagrams, will the swap be very hard? anyone done it?

Also included is a 5 speed nissan transmission, also much needed for Daytona,, Sebring etc.

I will add intercooler, new head gasket , ARP head and rod bolts. hope to get close to 160ish hp.

Anyway thanks

Popeye

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input, it is the single cam smaller, ca18et. I got the motor and 5 speed transmission for 150, was told the motor had 5000, miles and I said to myself, umm sure it does.

But I took off the valve cover and oil pan and darn the motor is super clean, I mean like new clean. I like the fact it is a small light motor , close to the same weight as the L-16. Also it was suppossed to be out of a 510, so It looks like it will drop right in.

From the little I know the motor is fine, the weak spots being the head gasket, I plan to replace head gasket with Concertric, or simular, small intercooler, racing headers and then I might get close to say 150-170 depending on the boost I run.

I am such a rookie mechanic, but have help to do this. My next race is Sebring in September.

All and any help is greatly appreciated,

B