Noob, looking to trade an old Harley for an old 620

TkilledJ

Long story short, i need a vehicle and am speaking to a local who saw my ad on CL. Just wondering if you think it's a fair, even trade?

Here's my bike 1974 XLCH Harley Davidson:

MyChopper.jpg

TJsIronhead2.jpg

Here's a pic of the truck along with a list of mods:

1974 620 "L18 bored to L20 TRW race pistons

10:1 I think pauter rods balanced crank. Peanut dome head with Nissan comp valve spring and ss valves has nice valve job done. And a crane cam also solid lifters so it revs to the moon. Offenhauser intake and holley 390 cfm 4 barrel carb made specially for hi perf 4 cylinder motors. Also has.header and full stainless steel exhaust and supertrapp muffler. It has mallory distributor and coil. It is as built as it gets. Trans is 4 speed from a 240z with race clutch. Truck has braided lines through the whole thing. Interior is all custom and in great shape.

Exterior:

Louvered hood frenched antenna. Shaved door handles shaved bed hooks and handles. Flush mounted marker lights stull grill and maxima headlights. Frenched license plate in tailgate. Louvered inside tailgate panel. Chrome louvered vent plates. It does have some rust on front kick panels."

Datsun2.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im lovin the bike man..

The truck would probably need to run on premium fuel so you should factor that extra expense into your decision..

Thanks! I've already discussed the possibility of running it on 89 with a buddy of mine and he said if I pulled the timing I should be fine? I'll be the first to admit I'm not exactly that mechanically inclined though haha, so we'll see. I'm probably going to go check it out tomorrow and get some more pictures, which I'll be sure to post.

Thanks for the reassurance fellas, that's why I came here after-all heh. I'm pretty excited to see this thing tomorrow, I'll take a couple pics, maybe even a video with my phone and I'll post 'em up ASAP. There's a little rust, but I'm not wanting this to be a trailer queen anymore, I'm looking for a daily driver.

and daily drive it you will! trust me i love driving my dotty, be prepared for alot of attention at least once a day somebody is like

hey man nice datsun what year is it? ect ect

Sounds good to me! hah. I get a lot of attention on the chopper and have been getting attention ever since I was 15 and started getting tattoo'd haha... I guess you could say I'm an attention whore?

Hey guys so I went to go checkout the truck, and the engine looked awfully clean! Sure it could use some work, and I didn't exactly get the best pics, but here's what I did get, hope you all enjoy... One step closer to owning this bad boy though! The frame was boxed and chromed, but as usual in South Florida the chrome's chipping pretty bad. Other than that all this guy needs is a new tank, some bearings and another couple loose ends.

IMG_20120614_145614.jpg

IMG_20120614_144723.jpg

IMG_20120614_144939.jpg

IMG_20120614_151050.jpg

IMG_20120614_150901.jpg