How's your MPG??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell I can get that on a trip with my 3,500 lb 620. I would think even a goon would get closer to 30.

I comes down to vehicle weight mostly. To a lesser amount, how you drive it, what motor size and power, the rear gearing, tire pressure. This assumes it's running well and in tune with fair weather.

i'm getting a little over 30 mpg with the b210, depending on the exact size of my tank. not quite the 50 datsun promised in the cool ads from the 70's, but better than most peaple. i think i am losing because i have reving it so much when it's cold. if i knew anything about carbs i'd adjust the choke. i'm slowly learning but with 2 babies i have little time to tinker with carburators. i plan on trying to get the a14 to it's peak mpg's.

28 is my record with my KA 620, I think some better rear gears would easily get it over 30. My freeway RPM's are way to high to get any better milage.

31 in my King Cab, commute. Traffic and lots of hills, but 75% is 70MPH highway travel. Probably would do better if I wasn't carrying a wagon hatch and 2 spare tires with me. I put 6.5 gallons in tonight, full, after filling Monday (205 miles in that time- 2 days commuting). L18, '82 ZX 5-speed, Weber jetted for a 1.4L B210. It'll get 35 on occasion.

In my 1200 coupe with the freshened up stock A-12 and 4 speed @40. After the dogleg swap @ 42-44. With the super tired A-15 and mikuni 4-pack @30-32 The carb tune is close enough. No use in fine tuning until the motor gets tightened up. I'll be shooting for high 30's. Maybe better with proper gearing. Roller skate sized tires and 3.90's don't help.

1.75" exhaust. You'll gain power and fuel economy.... :blink:

And it will sound like shit, too! That's a win/win! :D

Problem is, no one around here does pipe that small. On my last car I had to go to 3 different places to just find 2". 2.25" is everywhere, so I went that way.

And I know the car is eventually getting a KA24E and didn't want to do the pipe twice. ;)

The KA should solve my mileage issues, too. My last KA car routinely got 27-30mpg.

76 610 stock l20b dogleg 5 speed last i checked it was getting about 16 mpg but thats cause i cant keep my foot out of it and it lives for the most part at 3500 rpm or higher :P