Wanted: Driveable 510 in the Austin, TX Area

Hey,

I'm going to be going to the F1 race in Austin in November. I live in Akron, OH. When I bought my first 510, if was a non-runner in Kerrville, TX, and a friend and I drove down and hauled it back. THIS time, I think I might like to find a driver and drive back from Texas. If there's anyone in that area who has a decent runner they'd like to sell, I'm interested. Like I said, not going to be there until November, but I figured I'd start looking now.

Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I'm going to be going to the F1 race in Austin in November. I live in Akron, OH. When I bought my first 510, if was a non-runner in Kerrville, TX, and a friend and I drove down and hauled it back. THIS time, I think I might like to find a driver and drive back from Texas. If there's anyone in that area who has a decent runner they'd like to sell, I'm interested. Like I said, not going to be there until November, but I figured I'd start looking now.

Thanks!

Good luck, most of the TX 510 owners hold onto their 510's like a new born baby. When they pop up for sale they either go really quick or they are way overpriced. The only way you are going to get a 510 in the DFW area is if one of us dies off.

Ha i only got my 710 in austin because the old lady died.

a 2 door 510 is in Tyler TX right now but it is a hunk of shit. No motor or tranny. Missing a lot of chrome. tons of painted over cancer. 1k firm. it is on craigslist.

edit, nevermind its gone.

Yeah...my 510 was an old ladies from San Antonio. Hauling back 24 hrs to Ohio was a pain. I think I'm looking for a runner, original L16 engine (L20 is fine, too), relatively unmolested. $3000 or less.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been into the 510 scene since my brother in law let me drive his awesome 510. I currently have two of them (2 doors) and will be selling one of them. I'm remotely located between McAllen and Brownsville. I advertised it on the local craigslist here in town for $1450.00 but there is really no interest down here for old school imports. The car runs but the floor pan is pretty much gone, will include a good floor pan with the sale that will have to be welded, along with rust on the lower panels but not as bad as the floor pan. It's automatic and it has stock L16 and aftermarket downdraft webber, no leaks at all, all glass is good, lights work, brakes work but are weak, I would consider it a project beacause it sat for a while before I got it running and have not driven it very far other than my neighborhood. It's titled under my name and I guess I need to learn how to post it under classfieds and include pisctures of it, as well but since you are about six hours away, I just wanted to throw it at you. Another issue is that I need it out of my garage as soon as possible because I have the other dime, a MK1 GTI and just bought a corolle GTS this weekend, so I really could not hold on to it too long, let me know if you or anyone else is interested, thanks. As far as the price, I will take $1000 for it.

Was at the San Antonio Z Car Fiesta in April, and saw this cool 510 wagon for sale. I believe the price has been adjusted since showing up on Bring a Trailer. This was a california car, but now residing in the Texas Hill country. Not sure if the car is still available.

If you are interested, I can get you the owners info.

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/05/31/1971-datsun-510-wagon/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.