Bonspeed - wheels (any good)?

i was looking at tha latest Minitruckin' mag and ran into a pink nissan pickup xe with some Bonspeed rims on.

i was wondering if someone has any input on these wheels. from my readings, they custom build the wheels for the customer. i know this is not cheap but it is a plan i would like to research and maybe consider when the money is right.

i am looking to build a set for my 320 in either 17" or 18" but i dont know if they'll fit. i assume the would as some 320's have been fitted with titan rims already.

any input?

i like the intense and that is what was on the nissan truck:

collage_lb_image_page15_21_1.png

but then theres:

collage_lb_image_page15_16_1.png

collage_lb_image_page15_4_1.png

http://www.bonspeedw...com/wheels.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So first off yes bonspeed is very good wheels,the intense wheel is very nice,now with that said you have to call them and find out if they will make you the wheels in 6 lug if they come in a 5 bolt pattern.Check out the 521 section and look under mrbigtanker thats mine and im not saying its the wheels to buy but he wil make anything you need.If you like the bonspeed's check them out and ask if they will make you 6 lug wheels in a 5 star pattern.If not check out trueforgedwheels.com call and talk to steve he is the owner and he will help you out.

So first off yes bonspeed is very good wheels,the intense wheel is very nice,now with that said you have to call them and find out if they will make you the wheels in 6 lug if they come in a 5 bolt pattern.Check out the 521 section and look under mrbigtanker thats mine and im not saying its the wheels to buy but he wil make anything you need.If you like the bonspeed's check them out and ask if they will make you 6 lug wheels in a 5 star pattern.If not check out trueforgedwheels.com call and talk to steve he is the owner and he will help you out.

lol, i just saw a link for that this morning.... thanks for the info. i will look into it.

i know theyre a few places that will make the wheel for you, at a cost... just trying some research and seeing what options are available when the money is present.

thanx

lol, i just saw a link for that this morning.... thanks for the info. i will look into it.

i know theyre a few places that will make the wheel for you, at a cost... just trying some research and seeing what options are available when the money is present.

thanx

no problem let me know if you need help,again i do like your wheel choice's,i love 5 spoke wheels but 6 lug there is nothing in 6lug,thats why i went to Budnik first and they said no and i called billet specialties and they kind of gave me the run around,so i found out about true forged from the trailblazer ss forums and well the datsun is the second set and many many dollars later.

a friend of mine is in the custom wheel gig, bonspeed is a colleague of his they're good for sure. budnik and billet specialties are high volume places and their proffit is in that volume, so it's not surprising that they won't customize lug patterns and offsets really. bonspeed likely will as a matter of course, and i can tell you for sure that my friend will as well. his business is http://www.newgenwheels.com/, the website isn't very good but you can find them on facebook

a friend of mine is in the custom wheel gig, bonspeed is a colleague of his they're good for sure. budnik and billet specialties are high volume places and their proffit is in that volume, so it's not surprising that they won't customize lug patterns and offsets really. bonspeed likely will as a matter of course, and i can tell you for sure that my friend will as well. his business is http://www.newgenwheels.com/, the website isn't very good but you can find them on facebook

i see a lot of 5 lug patterns but some nice wheels nonetheless. i will send an email to em' on fb about 6 lugs.

you're seeing 5 lug stuff because that's what the vast majority of cars need thus that's what gets displayed. 6 lugs on a 5 spoke wheel would look funny on the one you like, but could be done. putting 5 lugs on a 5 spoke version of the jag-x wuold not look as weird because there is that flange area that doesn't effect the spoke shape

you're seeing 5 lug stuff because that's what the vast majority of cars need thus that's what gets displayed. 6 lugs on a 5 spoke wheel would look funny on the one you like, but could be done. putting 5 lugs on a 5 spoke version of the jag-x wuold not look as weird because there is that flange area that doesn't effect the spoke shape

Wow it would look funny i did it twice.There is also alot of 6 lug trucks on the road to with garbage wheels for design.And you pay for what you get you want stock powder coated wheels great,you want something some what different you be different.Im on the trailblazer SS forums and those guys complain about wheel selection and when you got people who will make what you want then they complain about price.Thats why the vast majority will powder coat or now plasti dip stuff,because there cheap.

Well don't look at the stock photos to make an end result. The stock photo has 5 lug pattern. That is intense 5. I believe the intense 6 has the 6 lug pattern plus one extra spoke. At least from the research. They are good lookin' rims .

Right Marco so for me I dont like 6 spoke which is why i custom made 6 on 5 spoke.They will look good i promise.

ahhhh, i see what you mean. my cell phone does no justice to research and looking at pics:

not to jack your photo but i see what you mean. wheels look slick and it looks practical

wheels.jpg

i have always wanted to go with supremes but the option would require adaptors that no one is really confident about or the 6 to 5 lug swap that i could imagine is expensive but these are what i was looking at in the beginning.....and still consider from time to time:

wheels1.jpg

Wow it would look funny i did it twice.There is also alot of 6 lug trucks on the road to with garbage wheels for design.And you pay for what you get you want stock powder coated wheels great,you want something some what different you be different.Im on the trailblazer SS forums and those guys complain about wheel selection and when you got people who will make what you want then they complain about price.Thats why the vast majority will powder coat or now plasti dip stuff,because there cheap.

i didn't s'plain myself clear enough. the design of the 5 spoke posted in the first post, because of the contouring on the spokes and stuff, would look weird with 6 holes drilled in it. this isn't the case for ALL 5 spoke rims of course. i didn't investigate the possibility of a 6 spoke version of it.

wheels.jpg

like that, those look great!

wheels1.jpg

that's roughly a "torq thrust" design, it's available in 6 spokes if you look around. i think American Racing owns the torq thrust name but everyone has a version of it

• Like 1

that's roughly a "torq thrust" design, it's available in 6 spokes if you look around. i think American Racing owns the torq thrust name but everyone has a version of it

5 lugs look way better than the 6..... plus, ive only seen 20" in 6 lug....way too big for a 320