My friend Tim's '77 hatchback

datsunfreak

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And in case it isn't obvious in the pics, it sits VERY low in the chassis. And the oil pan is still higher than the crossmember. :thumbup:

Center of gravity (and transmission clearance!) should be very nice. B)

Maybe some sort of heavy steel guard should be constructed to protect the oil pan from damage below? This has to be enough extra weight for the front to drop at least 3 inches

Maybe some sort of heavy steel guard should be constructed to protect the oil pan from damage below?

Depends on how low we end up going, but we may yet make a skid plate for it...

This has to be enough extra weight for the front to drop at least 3 inches

More than that. :rofl:

Will likely step up to some beefier springs...

Going off topic again here, So the 510 and B210 Lca's are near identical except the 510's are shorter, that would mean if anyone with a B210 wanted to upgrade they could be using at least a few (if not all) of the parts T3 makes for the 510, correct? such as their LCA's and possibly the TC rods.

Going off topic again here, So the 510 and B210 Lca's are near identical except the 510's are shorter, that would mean if anyone with a B210 wanted to upgrade they could be using at least a few (if not all) of the parts T3 makes for the 510, correct? such as their LCA's and possibly the TC rods.

Presuming they would be able to be adjusted out at least 1/2", then yes. Don't expect a huge camber gain, though. They may have to be adjusted out near the max just to not have positive camber.

I realize the LCA's and TC Rods are different lengths, but when using aftermarket parts that are adjustable it shouldnt make any difference, i only mention it because I don't know of any company that makes pars like adjustable LCA's specifically for a B210

Cannot confirm or deny at this time if the TC rods are different lengths. Will check and let you know on Saturday. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

datsunfreak, any news on the TC arms? the length doesn't really matter as once again im looking at T3 adjustable stuff, but the 2 ends do matter. I know the T3 LCA's will work now, Thank you. and The T3 outer tie rods should work as well, according to rock auto the B210's and 510's use the same inner and outer tie rod ends. Im now only worried about the TC arms, I dont want to buy the stuff just to find out It wont work, and Unfortunatly T3 doesnt know much about B210's so they cant really help.

After hosting some fellow members at the shop, and having a nice sushi lunch with them, I've decided to go ahead and join the Ratsun community. Yea, verily, t'is my B-210 y'all have been following on this thread. So... yeah, there you have it. Introduction made. Have a day.

Bit more work from this weekend...

Finished drilling the holes for the leaf spring pads, installed new 3" ARP studs in the axles, got some new brake rotors for the rear axle and redrilled the bolt pattern on them. Test-fitted the rotor and rear wheel and it all looks good. Hopefully next weekend we can build the rear caliper brackets and get it all fitted up. :thumbup:

Somehow forgot to take pics... :huh:

A few pic updates...

3" ARP studs installed (you can also see the spring pad mods we did)

normal_my_1200_009.JPG

12.5" Xterra rear rotors on...

normal_my_1200_005.JPG

Don't look as big behind 16x8 wheels, but trust me. These rotors are HUGE...   :huh:

normal_my_1200_007.JPG

And Tim's old 610 swung by for a visit...

normal_my_1200_025.JPG

We will start on making the brake caliper brackets next, then hopefully have the rear end bolted in shortly thereafter. Stay tuned...  :thumbup:

• Like 1