Yet another KA24DE 620 Build! Oics heavy!!

acehaole_620

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, Why if you had the KA 5 spd, buy and use a 720 5 spd? 

Radio

It makes it a direct bolt in no slotting of the cross member.

I don't know what your talking about and I try searching I can find anything maybe put up same links

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/537-how-to-wire-a-ka-ca-sr-and-vg-into-anything/

Link, but it looks like you found it already :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I might have a slight wiring issue. KA24E in a 620. If I have the black with white stripe wire connected at the wrong end, would everything fire up and function, but  lack spark? After going through a few pages looking for my issue, I think I found this one might be it. I'm gonna be pretty embarrassed if that's the case. I'm still combing for more picks and dummy diagrams to make sure that I have everything all nice and tight the way it should be.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Did a little work yesterday to the KA.Transmission, Clutch plate, Throwout bearing & Clutch (Things look good, newish plate and clutch, so I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna replace these parts, more money for other things!)IMG_2303.jpgIMG_2297.jpgIMG_2298.jpgIMG_2305.jpgIMG_2323.jpgFlywheel (Newish, but I did get the Fidanza Flywheel to put in more Oics to come for that!)IMG_2307.jpgIMG_2306.jpgIMG_2304.jpgStock ( 20sih lbs )IMG_2321.jpgFidanza ( 10ish lbs )Untitled.jpgMotor Stand IMG_2302.jpgIMG_2310.jpgIMG_2313.jpgIMG_2314.jpgIMG_2316.jpgIMG_2318.jpgTransmission (Out of a 1980 Datsun 720 Pickup BOTTOM in the picture Craigslist Special $100, KA24DE Transmission TOP )IMG_2328.jpgIMG_2329.jpgIMG_2330.jpgIMG_2331.jpgIMG_2332.jpgThats it for now.. Slowly but surely with the progress, still waiting on Icehouse to get less busy, to get one of his CanAm boxes....

What transmission plate are you using? The one that I have is on my Ka but the transmission doesn't exactly line up. I started grinding and opening up the hole to make it fit, but if I can buy something that fits . That would be better.

Did a little work yesterday to the KA.

Transmission, Clutch plate, Throwout bearing & Clutch (Things look good, newish plate and clutch, so I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna replace these parts, more money for other things!)

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

Flywheel (Newish, but I did get the Fidanza Flywheel to put in more Oics to come for that!)

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

Stock ( 20sih lbs )

IMG_2321.jpg

Fidanza ( 10ish lbs )

Untitled.jpg

Motor Stand

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

Transmission (Out of a 1980 Datsun 720 Pickup BOTTOM in the picture Craigslist Special $100, KA24DE Transmission TOP )

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

Thats it for now.. Slowly but surely with the progress, still waiting on Icehouse to get less busy, to get one of his CanAm boxes....

I have the 240sx s14 . I guess I will just fabricate to make it fit older transmission.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to use the 1975 motor mounts. I could not get the engine to sit on the motor mount and be centered on the studs. I must have a later 1974 model as my mounts were from a 1975??? Weird! so I am having some issues with my center link being clear of the oil pan sump. I think I have it figured out though. I will post some pictures of my idler and pitman arms. I think everyone who used Goferits will be interested to see what I have done to try and solve the clearance issue.

• Like 1

I had to use the 1975 motor mounts. I could not get the engine to sit on the motor mount and be centered on the studs. I must have a later 1974 model as my mounts were from a 1975??? Weird! so I am having some issues with my center link being clear of the oil pan sump. I think I have it figured out though. I will post some pictures of my idler and pitman arms. I think everyone who used Goferits will be interested to see what I have done to try and solve the clearance issue.

I'm ordering some jeep tierod ends and having a custom center rod made
  • 2 years later...

@xxmass thanks for the comments!! I'm really excited to get going!! I've done other swaps before, but this is by far the most excited i've been for one!!

@mopar if someone is in the area and is traveling up there i'll be happy to throw the auto stuff in a truck and give it to a fellow Ratsun member!

@]2eDeYe giving you full credit for this swap! your build thread is the reason I'm doing this!

Hope this thread helps as much as many of the threads have helped me out while compiling the parts and putting this together, I will try to be as thorough throughout the process as the other member have been!!

Well... Off to more Oics!! Picked up something today and forgot to post another so here we go!!

Fidanza Flywheel ( I haven't pulled the transmission yet to look at the condition of the clutch and flywheel, but i couldn't pass this deal up found on craigslist $100!! Now I'm searching to find a good price on a clutch.. Any recommendations? I love Nissan parts)

photo-9.jpg

]2eDeYe's KA24DE/E Motor Mounts ( A must if your doing this swap!! Hit him up I'm sure this is going to give me alot less headache along the way!! Thanks ]2eD!!!!)

Butt Shot

photo-7.jpg

Head Shot

photo-8.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I just wanted to point out that the tapered inserts you installed are way too big. You might as well have welded you pitman and idler arm together; the TRE has no movement and the boot is squashed.

I will be doing a write up on how to get teraflex inserts to fit like stock soon. 

* I know this is old build but lots of people are following it so i wanted to inform the community too.

• Like 2