Yet another KA24DE 620 Build! Oics heavy!!

acehaole_620

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a factory steering wheel for these trucks? Mine has the same one in it. At the beginning of this build it looked pretty easy and I started thinking I might be able to attempt it one day, I have since changed my mind! Nice job!!!

It really isnt that hard! if i had a week straight to do the project it would be done... Follow these threads and dont make mistakes other people have made!! ask questions its really alot of fun even though all these bumps in the road!! if it was easy it wouldnt be Ratsun!

i know this is a noob question but i want to start uploading pics of my 620 build but i dont know how :confused: help

I take all my pictures with my iPhone .... Set up a photobucket account first, once you upload your pics get the code that starts with copy and paste that to the quote section and viola pics in a post! If you have a iPhone download the photobucket app... It's really handy...

Well... Got my motor to crank, but won't start. Any steps or tips to start troubleshooting this thing again? I know my fuel pump kicks on, haven't check other things yet, but I will as soon as i get home....

Start with the basics and work your way through. Fuel, fire and air.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1344184960' post='732807']

Start with the basics and work your way through. Fuel, fire and air.

Goods:

Fuel pump primes fine

Motor Cranks

12V to the injectors

12v to Distributor

12v to ignition Coil

New Cap

New Rotor

Bads:

I have NO Spark, I do have 12v to the distributor and the coil, new cap and rotor.

Can anyone confirm if you get resisitance across a spark plug wire? I do not have resistance on any of my wires, just seems weird I dont have resistance on every single wire, I might buy new ones today.

Any help would be great thanks Ratsun! :confused:

I just went out to my 240sx and I have OE wires and I got about 11-12 ohms . my car has two fat white/red wires from the battier to the fuse/relay box . Its best to get OE or NGK plug wire all others aren't that good. B)

@nismoguys14 I appreciate you checking that out for me, yea i got impatient and wanted to try out the wires that came with the motor, didnt seem like they were beat up, but don't you think its odd that all the wires have no resistance? Ill get some NGK's today and OHM them out and try it out! Thanks again!

I would way rather have a ka swapped 620 then my 4wd one..... You and redeye make things look so easy when it comes to the wiring part of it. One day I hope to stop whining and man up and jump into this swap process.

Thanks @hermistonkilla .... Wiring isn't that much fun, I'm still sorting out some things on my swap, I very close to getting done, when you're ready PM me with questions thats what i did everyone on the forum is very informative...
2eDeYe' timestamp='1345042805' post='739450']

Looks great. Have you narrowed down the wiring issue?

Almost, I think i may be missing a component, there is a harness above my ignition coil thats not hooked up to anything maybe you know what its hooked to?

Ignition Coil

5A9B3087-7F24-4058-9998-FC7DA0A6B9E4-11607-00000C20D2D800C2.jpg

What relays are still used in the swap? All of these?

D0C5E411-D4F2-4B65-8AA2-90F188F2D2F1-11607-00000C20D7F950B0.jpg

I was actually gonna do this with that exact engine but you were faster...but i'm glad it went into this. good build

Did you ever get your truck back from that sheist mechanic?

There was an L18 and 240sx trany on CL right after jake told me about that for like 800, Both rebuilt.

I also know a guy over in Venita who's retired and gave his shop to his kids but he still does transmissions and drive lines for cheap.

might just take him a day or 2.

if theres any way i can help get your truck back on the road let me know. ----Zach

what did you do about your coolant system, i.e.- rusty thermostat. how did you clean/flush out the system.

i wrekced my s14, it's been in the garage for over a year and thats what its lookin like.

I see you are missing the igniter for the three wire plug and the single wire plug is just ground.

Thanks! I finally figured somthing went to that harness, of course after i saw your post!! So here's the run down... Went though all my wiring and found out that i had my #3 & #4 spark plug wires backwards... *FAIL* and of course i had to buy and hook up the Ignition Control Module... Started right up!!! Open headers = No Bueno for my valves, so I had to get a custom downpipe fabbed by a exhaust shop... Here it is getting towed to my local shop!!! Shes getting close!!! Thanks for all the comments everyone... when shes back from the shop I will for sure get a video up of her running!!

9D783275-F3D3-4140-B0AE-73862BD67B03-830-000000D6088820D7.jpg

<br>

10548252-9593-4442-8115-82D0EF769CC7-830-000000D60CEA022C.jpg

Updates to come!! woohooo!! :thumbup:

What fuel pump did you use. I couldn't find an external pump of that size that would put out the proper pressure. Good seeing more swapped Datsuns on the road, and I applaud your jumping right in, but I would have spent more time cleaning things up. Going back to do things over is so much more difficult and time consuming than you realize when you are in the midst of the project. I will keep my eyes peeled on this one. Good job.