datsun parts from thailand by dome306

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

A little warning to the board...

No offense to the OP (if he even comes back) but be careful with these overseas vendors. Refer to threads from a user named '620green'. Dett was supposedly his real name. It works like this.

-Has a cache of parts, some maybe really NOS, most of it the usual southeast Asia repro stuff (but most actually as advertised)

-Gives choice of air or sea shipment (air is always very expensive, and by sea is cheap but very slow - always at least a month - but take a guess at what most Datsun guys will choose :lol: )

-Meanwhile a shitload of people are ordering

-About the time people start receiving stuff, there will be a few who got ripped off, but many will get exactly what they wanted and are happy so we tend to brush off the few who are saying they got ripped

-More time goes by, the amount of 'ripped' people seem to start adding up pretty quick

-Then we are onto the seller, but only after he's made a lot of money (and a lot of people mad)

-Then he's out

I don't mean to come across like a xenophobe, but that's the way I've seen it go down. They also pull you in with stuff like . "I'm not making profit, just making friends" and then if there is problem "I'm honest, I never rip anyone off, believe me!" (as he is packaging up the rusty and dented 'NOS' dog dishes)

Fyi, I received good parts on my orders from Dett, but I think these guys just try to sell whatever they've got, good or bad and hope they get it all sold before they are called on the bad stuff. Not a totally vicious scheme, but just enough to stay on good ground with Paypal and paint the victims as being the problem.

• Like 5

A little warning to the board...

No offense to the OP (if he even comes back) but be careful with these overseas vendors. Refer to threads from a user named '620green'. Dett was supposedly his real name. It works like this.

-Has a cache of parts, some maybe really NOS, most of it the usual southeast Asia repro stuff (but most actually as advertised)

-Gives choice of air or sea shipment (air is always very expensive, and by sea is cheap but very slow - always at least a month - but take a guess at what most Datsun guys will choose :lol: )

-Meanwhile a shitload of people are ordering

Well said.of course I was the biggest a hole with dett.got all my stuff but the I no screw you part was dead on.

-About the time people start receiving stuff, there will be a few who got ripped off, but many will get exactly what they wanted and are happy so we tend to brush off the few who are saying they got ripped

-More time goes by, the amount of 'ripped' people seem to start adding up pretty quick

-Then we are onto the seller, but only after he's made a lot of money (and a lot of people mad)

-Then he's out

I don't mean to come across like a xenophobe, but that's the way I've seen it go down. They also pull you in with stuff like . "I'm not making profit, just making friends" and then if there is problem "I'm honest, I never rip anyone off, believe me!" (as he is packaging up the rusty and dented 'NOS' dog dishes)

Fyi, I received good parts on my orders from Dett, but I think these guys just try to sell whatever they've got, good or bad and hope they get it all sold before they are called on the bad stuff. Not a totally vicious scheme, but just enough to stay on good ground with Paypal and paint the victims as being the problem.

If I'm ordering parts from Thailand, I do it through eBay and use my CC through Paypal. No point in arguing with eBay, they're useless, and Paypal can be too, but you can always dispute your purchases with your CC company.

I haven't had any issues ordering parts for my 620 or my old Z, but I have had a couple orders for mountain bike related stuff go south that I was able to clear up through my CC. One involved my parts never arriving, then a few weeks later my credit card being used to purchase two tickets on a high-speed ferry from Greece to Italy - wtf? It takes time, but you can usually get your money back.

A better solution would be to just order domestically. The new and shiny parts on eBay are tempting, but I have been burned a couple times when I opened the box and my supposedly new part was some crusty old used piece o' shit covered in humid south-east asian grime wrapped in a crumpled up 1 month-old Phuket newspaper that looked like some tranny wiped their ass with.

They also pull you in with stuff like . "I'm not making profit, just making friends" and then if there is problem "I'm honest, I never rip anyone off, believe me!" (as he is packaging up the rusty and dented 'NOS' dog dishes)

friends can not be made overseas, ok profit is legal but must be based on detailed and nearby photos and the other side acceptance, it looks like some manufactures copy as 50% as the NOS quality, and this is the source of the problem when it comes to the row material used such like the galvanizing grade ( 60 or 90 ) or the stainless steel grade ( 304 312 310 410 430 etc, as u may know they r about 30 types ), all in all the sixties and the seventies the Japanese standards were much much higher than the other seven tigers countries, but recently u can say that the 7 tigers are reaching up to 75% of the Jap. quality. not due to the improvement of the 7 T. products quality, it is due to the reducuing products quality from Japan unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...

Ratsun is my facebook

if I have to go to facebook to look at your parts for sale ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

please at least post some of the parts here to make someone want to look for more

I think this is the second time this guy has tried to get us to go to the Face Book to see what he has for sale. I could be worng tho but I can tell you that no one here is going over to FB to look at your parts.

Language barrier. Facebook has a Thai language. Ratsun doesn't.

It'd be like one of us trying to sell our parts on Yahoo in Japan. Wouldn't go so well, ya?

Be easy folks, sheesh.

• Like 1

Language barrier....hmmm, think about that for a minute. If it is a problem, how hard do you think it will be to resolve an issue?

Plus I'll cut right to the chase... I'll bet that all the parts this guy has you can find most if not all on Ebay for about the same, plus the protection you get from Ebay/Paypal (not much I know, but better than a straight transaction from here even thru PP). Now add in Facebook and things get even more complicated. Messages here, messages on FB, he said this, he said that.... oh my.

I/we have addressed the numerous issues on this board with these southeast asian sellers and it ain't pretty sometimes. With FB I see it only getting worse.

Just my opinion though.

• 6 months later...

The new and shiny parts on eBay are tempting, but I have been burned a couple times when I opened the box and my supposedly new part was some crusty old used piece o' shit covered in humid south-east asian grime wrapped in a crumpled up 1 month-old Phuket newspaper that looked like some tranny wiped their ass with.

:w00t:  :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.