New to Ratsun, Got my first 620.

CFHdatsun77

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have any spare time this coming weekend, YOU need to goto the Datsun show up in Canby Oregon. Theres 50+ page thread in the Event Forum. ITS A MUST SEE.

BY the way, great looking King Cab

Larry

Truck looks clean! What happened where you have to pull the head off already?

Well in the 3rd pic down you can see that we found alot of oil in the Radiator, so my dad thought it was a head gasket. so at first we went to check that but was pretty much brand new..so now figured since weve already taken the head off mine aswell replace some stuff on it n try to rebuild the best we can pretty much. mystery on why theres oil in my radiator though.

If you have any spare time this coming weekend, YOU need to goto the Datsun show up in Canby Oregon. Theres 50+ page thread in the Event Forum. ITS A MUST SEE.

BY the way, great looking King Cab

Larry

Nice, yeah me and my dad were talking about looking for some meets we could go to. sounds like it would be fun. specially being around everyone that has a thing for these trucks is cool. but may be a bit till we can get the truck on the road. gotta save that money you know ha.

Well in the 3rd pic down you can see that we found alot of oil in the Radiator, so my dad thought it was a head gasket. so at first we went to check that but was pretty much brand new..so now figured since weve already taken the head off mine aswell replace some stuff on it n try to rebuild the best we can pretty much. mystery on why theres oil in my radiator though.

nice truck! and welcome to our insanity :D

i had oil in the radiator on my 73 as well. figured it was a PO being stupid. ran some degreaser though the system adn back flushed it. no more oil. and my 73 has an L20 as well.

• Like 1

nice truck! and welcome to our insanity :D

i had oil in the radiator on my 73 as well. figured it was a PO being stupid. ran some degreaser though the system adn back flushed it. no more oil. and my 73 has an L20 as well.

A bad front cover behind the water pump could be cavitaded.

Go to vimeo and dial in hainz for my L series video

Or YouTube will have it, dial in hainz

Nice thanks, ill be sure to check it out forsure!

I had the same problem with oil in the radiator. I flushed it many times, kept coming back. I ran degreaser, water, and stop leak for 20k. It got bad enough I had to flush it all out every other day. Everyone was puzzled on how oil can get into the coolant but not get coolant into the oil. I pulled the motor apart, really didn't find anything wrong. The only hint of a problem was a tiny spot in the head gasket.

Anyways, welcome to the forum and you look to have a great truck to start with.

I had the same problem with oil in the radiator. I flushed it many times, kept coming back. I ran degreaser, water, and stop leak for 20k. It got bad enough I had to flush it all out every other day. Everyone was puzzled on how oil can get into the coolant but not get coolant into the oil. I pulled the motor apart, really didn't find anything wrong. The only hint of a problem was a tiny spot in the head gasket.

Anyways, welcome to the forum and you look to have a great truck to start with.

yeah so far that literally sounds like the situation weve been having. we havnt flushed it at all but everything we looked at seems to be pretty clean...we did find out that the head needed to be resurfaced but wasnt by alot. wouldnt think it would leak so much from that..and thanks, yeah i think its pretty clean for the price i picked it up for.