source for blown heater inlet hose

laotsu

so SHIT, my inlet heater hose blew, Nissan part # B7020-B2000. Called Nissanparts.cc thye don't anticipate ever seeing one and the same nation wide from what I could gather. Found one NOS on E-Bay for FUCKING $64.00! Fuck that shit I aint paying that. Anybody got any ideas on where to find this part. Its seems too small and kinky to use straight tube with the benders. I guess I could just bypass the heater but I need the defrost in winter... BTW this is a '71 521 L16

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts store and look for hose or 2 with tight bends (look behind the counter?) Cut what you need of the hose, and if necessary use a metal pipe to connect the 2 elbows. I have seen it done on 510s which has the inlet a little further to the drivers side. Maybe use a 510 hose and cut it down?

• 4 weeks later...

Here yah go:

stock

100_2131.jpg

modified

2010-07-01001011.jpg

It's a 1/2"npt male street 90, a 1/2"npt male x female adapter, and a 1/2"npt male x 1/2" hose barb 90, and a 1/2" molded 90 degree heater hose.

Fairview fitting numbers are:

X115-D (or 116-D)

120-DD

125-8D

The nice part is if the 90 hose bursts again you just gotta get it. Hell, you could keep a spare in the glove box.

As you can see there's lots of room where it passes behind the head too.

Hope that helps

In the":How To" section I wrote up a procedure complete with part numbers for the 411 series heater hose replacement. Pretty sure the same part numbers will lend themselves to fabricating a replacement assembly.

http://community.rat...d-heater-hoses/

Updated to show original entry with part numbers

Edited by MikeRL411