wheels for a 720?

I just bought my first datsun, a 82' 720KC. Its in decent condition, but it needs a bit of love. The PO put on some cadillac wheels. I think they look like crap and would like to get the stockers back on it or something that looks better. Not sure what other years will fit this truck. I saw this 620 while cruising the forum and would love to have a pair of these for the truck. Will these fit?2qm42dh.jpg

Also here is a picture of the truck i just bought.IMAG0224.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought my first datsun, a 82' 720KC. Its in decent condition, but it needs a bit of love. The PO put on some cadillac wheels. I think they look like crap and would like to get the stockers back on it or something that looks better. Not sure what other years will fit this truck. I saw this 620 while cruising the forum and would love to have a pair of these for the truck. Will these fit?2qm42dh.jpg

Also here is a picture of the truck i just bought.IMAG0224.jpg

the wheels on the 620 are the stock steelies (stock for 620 not 720) with dog dish caps. a full set could be hard to track down (i've still only found 3 wheels and zero caps). if you want CHEAP you could do what i did. i got on craigslist and found a full set of mid nineties stock nissan wheels for 50 bucks. i derusted and painted them. then i ordered some cheap baby moon caps from ebay. i think they were 45 bucks with delivery. then i made some little metal clips to hold them in. kind of a lot of work but i think they look pretty good for about 100 dollars.

DSCF2459.jpg

DSCF2450.jpg

DSCF2452.jpg

DSCF2460.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_20120122_174940.jpgGet Titan rims!!! Lol any Nissan rims will bolt up 15 inch or larger except frontiers they changed bolt pattern the stock620 you want are 15 inch I think look on the tire for rim size bolt pattern is same

if you throw titans you will need to take em to a shop to have the center bore milled out to 4". titans are 3.5" ish. i have a set of 18x8 titans, i love em, but you gotta get em milled or they wont fit the front hub

The early 620 (73-77) stock wheels will probably have issues clearing the later 720's disc brakes. It'd be close. The '78-79 wheels might, but stock 720 steel wheels will definitely work.

Pick n Pull had a bunch of stock wheels lying around. Takes some picking since they were scattered.

the wheels on the 620 are the stock steelies (stock for 620 not 720) with dog dish caps. a full set could be hard to track down (i've still only found 3 wheels and zero caps). if you want CHEAP you could do what i did. i got on craigslist and found a full set of mid nineties stock nissan wheels for 50 bucks. i derusted and painted them. then i ordered some cheap baby moon caps from ebay. i think they were 45 bucks with delivery. then i made some little metal clips to hold them in. kind of a lot of work but i think they look pretty good for about 100 dollars.

Those wheels look great! Something like that will definitly fit in the budget, I never did mind a bit of work if it means spending less. I have been meaning to go over to pick and pull, but work has kept me busy. hopefully this weekend. might luckout and score some other stuff for this truck too. The previous owner half-assed every mod he did, and now im gonna try and fix them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DSCF2459.jpg

DSCF2450.jpg

DSCF2452.jpg

DSCF2460.jpg

Lol what the stock stealies are that hard to find? I have to full sets of them one off my green 620 and another one from my parts truck i think im only missing one out of 8 caps if that, but i have to agree the titan wheels look awesome i fell in love with mine and plus i got a Hell of a deal on them off craigslist 100 for wheels n tires lol

• 2 weeks later...

If you want plain stamped steel 15 inch wheels, it may take some hunting but a low trim level 4x4 Chevy fullsize had 6 inch wide steel wheels. The 69 and earlier 2wd chevy trucks also had these wheels but alot of those trucks were drum on the fronts so that could be an issue. Most of these also had nipples for baby moon hubcaps. Wheel Vintiques sells fresh steel wheels in any diameter or backspacing you want, and the caps, if you want to spend the cash. If you are going that far you might as well pick your tire sizes and get the wheel fitment tool so you can stuff as much rubber under it as possible without rubbing. Just about all 6 lug wheels WERE the same bolt pattern before these darn Dakotas, now the new fords and chevys. im sure the center bore was all over the place though. So if you see something you like thats aftermarket on a Ram 50, Toyopet, Chevy fullsize thats older, Chevy Luv, Mitsubishi, as long as they are aftermarket, they will fit.

VTO has 15 x7 (black and silver spokes) & 16x7 (Silver only) Classic 8 wheels that can be drilled to fit the 6x139.7 bolt pattern, but they are limited on how big the center bore can be made. I am being told 85mm is the largest.

What does the center bore need to be to fit the 720? 620 drums are 90mm.

VTO Classic 8

P1010574.JPG

• 1 month later...

Just as another option for guys, you don't have to bore out the mid-size tundra wheels. I just had to get lugs for my rig, but otherwise they bolt right up. You can get these wheels for next to nothing too... and they're 17's! Pretty good option as far as I'm concerned, tired of seeing z71 and excalade wheels... :fu:

image-5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...