Was there ever a Deluxe model L320?

rkldesign

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all very interesting, the truck has chrome window trim pieces, near the glass, chrome glove box and the interior vinyl was greenish white with a teal insert and pocket along the bottom of the door panels. I bought the truck from a guy who got it from a storage container at one of those auctioned off public storage companies. It has a very clean and rust free body. The key fob has a US Shooting team logo on it. I have the original nissan key. All four factory hub caps and what is amazing is that the rubber curtains in the engine compartment are still soft and plyable. I will post some more images of the truck and its interior.

Another fact that I found out is that it was a San Bernadino, So-Cal truck from the start then it traveled to Arizona and sat there for many years in the storage container. Then what I was told is that the owner either died and left the truck in storage or the family did not know it was there. Then the guy I bought it from took ownership. I am still amazed in the cleaness of the truck.

RK

• Like 1

The ' D' on the Vin is not too uncommon.

For some reason (I don't know why), Datsun added an additional Letter to the vin of some of its early cars. For example, I used to own a 1965 SPL310, and it too had a letter D as the last digit in the VIN. I've only seen the letter 'D' show up on 1965 cars.