dp320

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Several minor things. 

Got my Thai bumperettes installed.  I'm not sure if this is factory as-built but I had two extra Y shaped bumper holders like the ones that attach the front bumper.  I had a hunch the reason I had extras is because they fit the rear also.  They did.  So the rear bumpers are now attached.  Now I can cut up that ugly diamond plate bumper and toss it.

ZyIJPYZ.jpg

Fabricated a heater-box-to-vent duct out of neoprene fabric.  It was a bit short but I did get it attached.  I'll probably make another one.  For a good price I might be willing to fabricate more.  Getting them perfected might use up my entire quarter's allocation of curse words while working awkwardly under the dash, so who knows.

lcaFICO.jpg

Went up to TAP plastics in Bellevue and got some acrylic for the dash tray, it's done, just need to bolt it in.  I think it will be nice having it clear instead of opaque.

SeyDhrK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got my replacement mirror glass Monday and put it in last night.  It was from haganauto.com, 4-1/4".  I thought I was just ordering some flat glass, nothing special, mirror.  I don't know what's up with this mirror but the quality is exceptional, just brilliant.  It's curved.  My original glass, with missing silvering, was just flat.  I think I'll like this curved one better for visibility, with the convex side out.

I took apart the screw, with cover washer, holding washer and spring, brushed all the corrorsion off, and put a light coat of grease on, so the mirror will be adjustable, at least for a while.

Pictures to follow as soon as I figure out where I'm putting it.  Somewhere near the antenna though, just don't think the front of fender look fits.

• 1 month later...

I finally had a chance to compare my truck to another one side-by-side (Ted's NL).  My truck never sat quite right, the bed was way high compared to the cab, like the rear was jacked up.  I had a dickens of a time getting the springs back together after I cleaned them up, and I noticed at the time that one of the springs was completely different than the others: it was more curved and it didn't have dimples on one end.  I had taken the springs apart one at a time and diligently put them back together just as they were, then installed them on the frame.  Oh, I'd also noticed that the double bushing link piece in back didn't tilt back a little bit.

Turns out I had five springs (not counting that 1/2" thick one at the bottom) instead of four.  That extra spring also had a little curved up edge at both ends, almost like a recurve bow.  I got under my truck and took those oddball springs out, it wasn't too much of a chore.

The truck sits a whole lot better now.