jesusno2

snatched up a clean original 720

Picked it up today super clean driver even got a auto prolly the quietest datsun/ nissan ive ever driven. 168k with recent head gasket replacement I'll post more pics later. has some serious BLUE interior! 2012-05-20120430.jpg

Wow, looks clean. Nice grab!

• Like 1

Looks good, my dad had an 86 720 kc that was white with the blue int, yeah VERY blue.

'85/'86 they did away with the longitudinal bed seam. That made a really big difference.

• Like 1

85.5 was the first D-21..no?

I thought it was mid-86 that they switched to the D21...

correct, 86.5 was D21's arrival

I put a brand new weber kit on my truck and as soon as i got it fired up it started clattering like crazy sounds like a deisel and the oil light is on! Awesome that i basically just blew apart a engine.

Well i was near a d21 that was a 83 in fab condition to bad no one would want it

f9b74b44.jpg

Curious about that noise too... I only get it when the engine is cold and upon acceleration sorry to thread jack but is it something to look into?

If anyone has a known good 2.4 napz engine for sale i need one my motor in this truck is just about done its knocking and oil light is on. At least a good short block the head and timing chain stuff is new

So I'm gonna begin some work on this truck soon. I got a 12v ka for it i'm gonna rebuild, got wheels, gonna rebuild the front end add sway bars panhard bar and a few other things coming soon.

IMG_20121230_155428.jpg

IMG_20120922_150614.jpg

IMG_20120922_150621.jpg

• Like 1

Are those the Platinum Pathfinder wheels? They look good.

I have no idea their 17" I thought maybe 2wd Titan or something

parts slowly trickling in i got ball joints poly control arm bushings and poly leaf spring bushings. Hopefully uncle sam gives me a good return this year so i can wrap it up quick like! its a great daily driver other then the tired ass nap crap engine.

Awesome lil turck! I really love the wheels you got for it. I was lucky, my engine on the 720 i have was rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago.... but! that was 13 years ago!?!? My father-in-law gave me the truck. He was a heavy equipment transmission re-builder. He bought the truck brand new back in 1984. For one owner the truck is trashed on

been collecting parts in the process of rebuilding the hardbody ka. got all urethane bushings for it along with all new front end parts. couple pics 

got new tires put on

IMG_20130314_162542_zpsabe47630.jpg

My ka intake got powder coated texture matte black

IMG_20130302_172239_zps959445a0.jpg

IMG_20130302_172229_zps30cbf79a.jpg

I'll get pics of the engine soon as it gets back from the machine shop.

• Like 1

something about those 12v valve covers. some say their ugly, but i think they look cool powdercoated! work in progress on polishing the raised lettering etc.

IMG_20130317_181319_zps8c725424.jpg

IMG_20130317_181327_zps4ade3b59.jpg

• Like 4

So rebuilt the front end today and installed my drop spindles etc. Lowered the truck 3 inches. Toe is still a mile off. I didn't realize the tie rods have to be modifyed to get the toe back into spec with drop spindles.

IMG_20130324_184540_zps8f826647.jpg

IMG_20130324_184553_zpsbcd4b5d3.jpg

IMG_20130324_184615_zpsdc876af9.jpg

Can I ask you guys a newb question?  I'm new to this forum.  Every day I read about KA swaps.  This seems like a daunting task.  The mechanical end of it is one thing (mounts, oil sumps, etc.) but the electrical stuff is what really sounds scary to me. 

Is this beyond the ability of your typical shade tree mechanic?  Or has it been done so many times now that the map is there for someone who's willing to do the research?